Ubuntu 8.10

Ok,

1.You need to find the .inf and .sys files for your wireless card,they may or may not be hard to find.

2.http://seogadget.co.uk/the-ubuntu-installation-guide/

3.No,but there are PLENTY of guides on the internet on how to use it,or PM me if you want the name of the GUI i use,the gui is self explanatory.

4.Aslong as you have an nvidia or an ATI card,they are simple to get once in ubuntu,all you do is download the packages through the package manager (Similar to window's Add/remove progams).

5. No.

It's not easy to get it to do dual monitors the way that Windows Does!

Im download 8.10 now. I will seed for a while...

(note to self: check out why router isn't performing as well as the older one)

Right now, Im downloading at 400KB/s, and it's telling me I have 30 mins to go. I should be able to download at 800, which would half the time.

I guess it could just be the torrent - but normally Ubuntu torrents max out my connection (i suppose it being a new release doesn't help)

edit: Im touching on 700KB/s now. More like it!

I'm in Windows right now because I'm doing coursework in Visual Studio but Intrepid Ibex is the first Linux distro I've ever run on this laptop that actually supports my wireless card at all. Even older Ubuntus wouldn't work even after ndiswrapper was used.

Me very impressed.

I used the last version of Ubuntu for a while, loved it, but it didn't work with my laptop's dial-up modem, which I need to use at times when I'm away from broadband availability so I went back to Windows.

so i installed Ubuntu (Clean Install/Reformatted), and i have 2 partitions. Every time i try to get in my "Back-Up" partition, it asks me for to authenticate the username and password. Which i dont really have.
How do i access it?

It's not easy to get it to do dual monitors the way that Windows Does!

Im download 8.10 now. I will seed for a while...

(note to self: check out why router isn't performing as well as the older one)

Right now, Im downloading at 400KB/s, and it's telling me I have 30 mins to go. I should be able to download at 800, which would half the time.

I guess it could just be the torrent - but normally Ubuntu torrents max out my connection (i suppose it being a new release doesn't help)

edit: Im touching on 700KB/s now. More like it!
Lucky... I barely get over 30kb/s most of the time... Most likely the torrents I use though.

I have never used Ubuntu myself, but we did put it on my cousins computer that we built out of two junked computers. I never really got to use it much, but next time I go over there, I will have to play around with it a bit.

im having problems installing Ubuntu with the Windows Installer Thing.
When i boot up Ubuntu, i get some error saying something boot, and go to partition thing to change it.

Wubi? I used that and it went flawlessly. Does it come up with a timer? Mine does, and if you wait it'll proceed to boot into Ubuntu.

Wubi? I used that and it went flawlessly. Does it come up with a timer? Mine does, and if you wait it'll proceed to boot into Ubuntu.

huh?
i used the disc, because i dont really want to redownload Ubuntu through Wubi.
I let it install, and after about 30 min or so (did not time), it asks me to restart, so i restarted and booted into Ubuntu, which then ended up saying doing some partitioning thing.

Back
Top Bottom