Went to look at a car

freestyler105

Golden Master
I drove down to a dealership yesterday to check out an SRT-4 I've been looking at, but the price the guy wanted was ridiculous. It was an '04 with 15k miles and a few minor mods, but they wanted $20,000. I was giving the guy a hard time, so he tried to sell me this instead:

1101081210db1.jpg

1101081209ve3.jpg

'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse
They just got the car, so they didn't have a full list of mods, but this is what I figured:
-Ridiculous body kit
-4" exhaust
-Turboed, no idea what kind or how much power it was making
-Boost controller
-A few various bolt-ons (CAI, etc)
-Nitrous, again not sure how powerful
-Underbody neons
-Huge stereo
-Racing seats
-Lambo doors
-Aftermarket suspension, brakes, tires, rims
-Paint job

Honestly, I'm not sure if anything about the car was stock :p
It had 72k miles on it or something like that. It was a nice car, minus the looks. I just couldn't see myself driving something like that...ever. Way too flashy.
Oh, and they wanted $15k for it. I really want to know what kind of power that thing would make though..

Also, you can kinda see in the second pic, next to it there was a C2 Corvette (from the 60s), totally mint, appraised at $160,000. That was pretty cool too.

My advice

Never buy a car that has been modified like that

mabey if they got some new wheels and tires, or a stereo upgrade.

but all that ugly sh*t

that car looks like crap, im sry

i gota go through this experance again prety soon as soon as i get a job with Miami PD :D

Noooo no no I wasn't even thinking about buying it, when I walked out into the garage I laughed. I'd never drive something like that.

I should be able to get the SRT-4 price down though, there's another similar car for $16k around.

If a car has mods, they don't add to the value of the car...

Never buy a car that has a nitrous kit. That is a perfect sign the engine has been beat to shit.

Honestly, buying any car like that, there is a bit of a risk, because unless you know the person, you pretty much know the car had been beat to shit.

Honestly, I wouldnt look at a car like that. Who knows whats been done to it, If its been done right. If you cant find the right price or right car.

Heres what I did - I knew exactly what I wanted. So I went into a dealer, and talked to him. Told him what I wanted. He said he could get that for me. (I only wanted to spend $5,000) So Couple weeks later, He called me and said he found what I wanted, and I said ok get it. He brings it back, I went and looked at it. It was EXACTLY as I wanted. with extra stuff. ( In this case it was rims, step bars, bedliner and a cd player) He sold it to me for $4500. Its books at $10,000.

Offer him a ham and cheese sandwich for the Eclipse.

Oh and for $15,000 you could easily get a clean E36 M3 and still have leftovers for mods.

For that price, why not buy a nice new hyundai sonata?

What about a new F-150? You could get one for 14K with auto and air no problems.

Back
Top Bottom