Paypal....what a scam!!

yeah...thats the mistake i may have made. well i guess i took it for granted before...cause i have used public computers to check the account and stuff...but didn't realize at the time it could be risky.

i will know better from now...but still...Paypal's service is shit. a whole week to check the transaction, and who knows how much longer before i get the money back.

Who was the transaction to?

You know, I've gotten emails like that before. Knowing full well that I haven't made any transactions, I reported them to PayPal. They were phishing emails trying to get into my account by having you "log" in to their fake site. Next time you get one of those, check all the links and headers in the email before acting on it. It may be a good idea to cancel that account and open a new one.

I've heard horror stories about paypal. I still use it though, but it's not linked to anything except my debit card, and good luck getting any money out of an account with nothing there lol

thats what i thought. also just have my debit card linked to the paypal. and there is no cash in it...but when i went to the bank, my account went into overdraft...meaning the money was taken out...but it wasn't actually there.

i wouldve went and talk to the bank instead.

i did that as well. they are monitoring my account for me!

Yes, your bank and whoever provided the debit card should be able to look into fraudulent activity as well.

Yes, your bank and whoever provided the debit card should be able to look into fraudulent activity as well.

That's probably the best course of action. Just reporting and bitching to PayPal won't get you anywhere...there really isn't much they can do.

well what i believe i might have done...was logged onto a public computer. but the funny thing is, i've done this before without any problems...and i make sure i log out.

But paypal...knows that someone has logged onto my account....as a 3rd party.

it was my mistake.
oh crap man that's a new computer user mistake dohhh!
also, use only credit cards for paypal. that way the credit card company will also investigate and prosecute that person. also ask your bank about doing a charge back. they have to, it's the law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback

A chargeback usually occurs when a consumer files a dispute with their bank or credit/debit card provider. This can happen when a consumer discovers fraudulent or improper transactions on their card statement or online account view. Consumers in the US who use credit cards are afforded chargeback rights under Federal Reserve Regulation Z, which is made possible by the Truth in Lending Act. US debit card holders are guaranteed similar rights under Federal Reserve Regulation E, which is made possible by the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. Card networks enforce chargeback rights globally through their network rules and regulations.

oh crap man that's a new computer user mistake dohhh!
also, use only credit cards for paypal. that way the credit card company will also investigate and prosecute that person. also ask your bank about doing a charge back. they have to, it's the law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback

A chargeback usually occurs when a consumer files a dispute with their bank or credit/debit card provider. This can happen when a consumer discovers fraudulent or improper transactions on their card statement or online account view. Consumers in the US who use credit cards are afforded chargeback rights under Federal Reserve Regulation Z, which is made possible by the Truth in Lending Act. US debit card holders are guaranteed similar rights under Federal Reserve Regulation E, which is made possible by the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. Card networks enforce chargeback rights globally through their network rules and regulations.

great...i am going to the bank tomorrow about that!
thanks for that info!! +1

altho i wouldn't call myself a new computer user...but yes...a stupid mistake i did make! :(

I just noticed you are in canada..so I hope they have similar laws for you. they probably do.
but then again, they didn't mention it.

Back
Top Bottom