Paypal....what a scam!!

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
Ok so i have been using paypal for about a year now, to buy things online since many of my friends and family have told me its SO secure blah blah blah.

Ok so about a week ago, Sunday evening...after a great day i get an email from Paypal (automated message) saying that i have authorized a transaction of $425.00 to Bank account of some dude. So i am like WTF...i log on my paypal account instantly and indeed a transaction like this was made. So now i'm F'ing pissed...that someone had stole $425.00 out of my bank account.

So i file an "Unathorized" claim with paypal, and they told me they will be contacting this person within a week to supply liget proof of this transaction and all. A WEEK? WTF. that my f'ing money!!! I called my bank, had them lock my account for the mean time, even tho the $425.00 is still gone...but to protect from anything else...and paypal is dealing with the problem. So its a week later now! and i haven't heard Shit from paypal on the status of my claim.

Personally i think paypal is a piece of crap! they're service is terrible....the only thing i benefited from this whole thing...was that my bank card and credit card numbers were hidden!. So now i am waiting to get my money back...while i can't buy anything...can't pay rent....so to sum it up...i'm screwed unless paypal actually does something.

Anyone else have any problems with paypal??? now i am just wondering if i should find another site like paypal to deal with....cause i am closing my account with paypal once this is all resolved.

Wow, that's weird. My dad set up a paypal account so we could sell/buy off e-bay, but we never did.

it is weird....i never thought i'd get scammed like this. people said it was such a great service to use...so i have been for about a year....and boom...i get scammed.

now i hope i can get all my money back...i'll be pissed if i don't.

I have gotten my money back in transactions gone bad through paypal, but it took about 5 months... I dont know how a transaction could have taken place without your password though. Did you log onto paypal through another site?

You have to be careful about that stuff. Pretty much anything that involves a log-in should be carefully done. If you logged in from another computer someone could have been running a keylogger or something. Every time I log in somewhere where I'm accessing something pretty important I check processes. I also clear all private data once done.

I have gotten my money back in transactions gone bad through paypal, but it took about 5 months... I dont know how a transaction could have taken place without your password though. Did you log onto paypal through another site?

well what i believe i might have done...was logged onto a public computer. but the funny thing is, i've done this before without any problems...and i make sure i log out.

But paypal...knows that someone has logged onto my account....as a 3rd party.

it was my mistake.

Yeah, if you logged into a public computer, that could be it... Cookies, gotta delete the cookies.

Yeah, if you logged into a public computer, that could be it... Cookies, gotta delete the cookies.

yeah...thats the mistake i may have made. well i guess i took it for granted before...cause i have used public computers to check the account and stuff...but didn't realize at the time it could be risky.

i will know better from now...but still...Paypal's service is shit. a whole week to check the transaction, and who knows how much longer before i get the money back.

Yeah, if your account got hacked or something that would do it. I've personally never had an issue with paypal and use it all the time. They have a good service, but nothing is ever 100%. Hopefully you get your money back, but you may want to think about how someone could get into your account. Maybe your password wasn't strong enough or maybe you logged in on a phishing website at some point.

I've heard horror stories about paypal. I still use it though, but it's not linked to anything except my debit card, and good luck getting any money out of an account with nothing there lol

Back
Top Bottom