Need help after virus

Daviss

Baseband Member
Hello
Im using a Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO M7440G laptop which was running fine on Norman antivirus until two days ago. WMP11 needed to download a codec to run a video file and it downloaded a virus or two instead. It installed a program called Total Secure 2009. I started getting loads of pop up messages saying that my pc is infected and after a while a fatal error message accompanied by a 1 minute shut-down timer.

After that the laptop was very slow due to 100% CPU usage by an apple quicktime application called qttn.exe (or something like that). I got rid of it by renaming the .exe file and disabling it being run on startup through msconfig.

Also i had loads of error messages from other programs which i got rid of using Registry Mechanic and Spybot S&D.

Then i got error messages when trying to open task manager saying it was disabled by the computer administrator. That i also fixed.

The main problem is with installing new software. I had to uninstall opera and Norman antivirus because they were showing error messages and now im trying to reinstall opera and install nod32 antivirus but the installation for both of these stops and rollbacks right before its about to finish. Also when opening microsoft office programs, they run the installation and ask for the cd although they are installed already. I dont have the office cd atm so i dont know what happens when its inserted.

So basically im left without an antivirus and office programs which i really need. I also do not want to reinstall windows if it would be possible. Im not sure if the virus or whatever it was/is is gone completely.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I need help too. Can somebody please help me? I'm not very good with computers and my pc just got infected with a virus- files.exe (WORM_ABI.C). According to its properties, it's an application type virus, about 84KB and the location is usually the desktop (C:\DocumentsandSettings\AllUsers\desktop). I got it from an email message. There's an infected file on my desktop (named files) and I can't delete it. I can't open it or do anything to it. And I can't open the whole C Drive. That's basically the worst thing. I worry it might spread to other drives. So far the C Drive is the only one affected, everything else is running fine. Please, anyone, tell me how to permanently delete the infected file and get rid of the virus? My Anti-Virus (Trend Micro)can't do anything about it. What software would work with this type of virus? Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

I've never heard of that error before. Not sure what it could be exactly.
I think you'll be better off saving all your files onto a external HDD (or partition) and just formatting. Once a virus has infected your computer, even though you get rid of it, its very easy to get back.

Back
Top Bottom