5400x2 Be @ ?

VCore set to 1.3V and Multi raised to 15.0. I checked Hardware Monitor (installed of the MOBO CD) and it keeps listing my VCore as .025 lower than what I put on the BIOS. What do you guys make of this?
This is normal, it's called Vdrop. Vdrop = BIOS reading - (that's a minus sign :p) in windows reading. If your BIOS setting is 1.3V, and your in windows reading is 1.275V, then Vdrop is 0.025V
Vdroop is the difference between the in windows idle reading and the in windows load reading. It is normal for the load reading to be lower than the idle reading. I have pencil modded my board to minimize this.
Multi 15 VCore 1.3 HT 205 did not work. I got an error after 2 minutes. Should I push the VCore higher? Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get a good OC. I couldn't find a good OCing board for the price range I had. I bought this one that wasn't good OCer but was a solid board. I might be capped at 3-3.1Ghz.
Higher, as long as your temps are fine.

I decided to max VCore at 1.35. My board doesn't allow higher. Boot temps were at 30C. With Prime95 running 37C. There's also this thing on my BIOS that allows me do an over voltage on the VCore. Currently it's set to start up. Technically speaking, would I be able to get a VCore of 1.65 (assuming temps allow)? Because on this VCore over voltage there's a +0.1, +0.2, and +0.3 setting.

Ok. I'll do that. If this current jump is successful, I'll do one more and stop for the meantime. Going to the movies with a couple of friends. I'll let it test while I shower and get ready. Hopefully this board will let me go above 3.2Ghz.

wow, youre brave.
I would be scared to make my Vcore that high.

Should I raise the NB voltage to see if there's a bottleneck there? Max temp I've seen is 44C during Prime95 stress. Is this fine? Should I lower back to 1.35V and raise NB voltage to try a higher clock before raising the VCore to 1.45?

edit: This is the highest I've made so far.

HT: 205Mhz
Multi: 16.0
VCore: 1.45V
NB Voltage: 1.23V (according to Hardware Monitor); I raised by .1V
HT Voltage: 1.28V (according to Hardware Monitor); I raised by .1V
SYS Temp: 35C under 10min Prime95 stress
CPU Temp: 44C under 10min Prime95 stress
Overall clock: 3280MHz

Good job, these BE's are pretty awesome.
Should I raise the NB voltage to see if there's a bottleneck there? Max temp I've seen is 44C during Prime95 stress. Is this fine? Should I lower back to 1.35V and raise NB voltage to try a higher clock before raising the VCore to 1.45?
44c is well within limits.
That shouldn't be stopping you, unless you're trying to run the RAM at higher speeds or lower latencies.
If clock speed has been proportional to Vcore so far, I would bet it's the Vcore holding you back. These chips can take some voltage, I think it's safe for you to go beyond 1.5V.

Tomorrow I'll bump it some more. It's been raising at a linear rate. For every .1VCore I add I've been able to increase multiplier by .5 or HT by 5Mhz. At 1.55VCore I'll decrease HT back to 200Mhz and raise the multiplier by 1. Hopefully that will give me a stable 3.4Ghz. I'll leave it at there because it will probably give me temps at around 50C on full load and 30-33C during everyday use.

edit:
-VCore: 1.55V
-HT: 203MHz
-Multi: 16.5
-Clock: 3350Mhz

Running Prime95 on heavy FFT. To me, this is the end of the road. I reduced the HT and NB voltages to minimum. My temps are:

-SYS: 34C
-CPU (under testing): 48C

I still have head room to go 1.65V, and if you guys want me to max it I will, but for everyday use, I'll keep it at 3350Mhz.

edit: I tested the 3350MHz setting on heavy FFT. After 6 hours it gave me an error. Should I still keep it at these settings?

Very nice, run small FFTs for a full stability check though.

Do you think you can increase the HT clock a bit more?

Back
Top Bottom