5400x2 Be @ ?

Yes, the window for that working thread went red. The second working thread passed the first 8k test fine. Should I lower back to 14.5 and raise the HT? VCore is 1.25V right now.

You've got a lot of room temp and Vcore wise. I'd increase the Vcore and try to raise the multi again.

I raised the HT from 200 to 205. We'll see how that goes. I'll take your advice and raise VCore/Multi after. OC'ing is a lot of trial and error...

Clear the CMOS? What does that do? Reset everything to factory settings?

pretty much. Like if you OC'ed to much as where your computer wouldnt POST, then you would need to clear the CMOS.
although the only time i had to do it was when i do the timings of my RAM. But my friends had to, he OC more than i do, he killed a board trying to push a Phenom 9850BE to 4Ghz.

I see. Multi 14.5 HT 205 worked. Time to up the VCore and the Multi.

edit: VCore set to 1.3V and Multi raised to 15.0. I checked Hardware Monitor (installed of the MOBO CD) and it keeps listing my VCore as .025 lower than what I put on the BIOS. What do you guys make of this?

VCore set to 1.3V and Multi raised to 15.0. I checked Hardware Monitor (installed of the MOBO CD) and it keeps listing my VCore as .025 lower than what I put on the BIOS. What do you guys make of this?

(if you didn't see my edit)

Multi 15 VCore 1.3 HT 205 did not work. I got an error after 2 minutes. Should I push the VCore higher? Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get a good OC. I couldn't find a good OCing board for the price range I had. I bought this one that wasn't good OCer but was a solid board. I might be capped at 3-3.1Ghz.

Back
Top Bottom