5400x2 Be @ ?

But in between jumps run it for around 5-10min, then run it for however long you want once you think you've achieved your max OC.

What about memory and HT link speed? I didn't touch those because I'm not sure what they do.

Right now I have:
-Multiplier @ 14.5
-CPU Freq. @ 200MHz
-Overall clock @ 2.9GHz

About to run Prime95.

edit: How do I read Prime95? lol.
edit2: Should I see a big increase in temp while running Prime95? 32C right now.

I'm running it right now. I want to see what my results are on the tests though. Here's a screen shot of what I have:
2900.jpg

It says test 4, but I have moved on to test 5 now.

I took 5 tests on the 8k and it said I passed all, going 10k now. Should I stop to make another jump or what?

huh... i didnt get that much windows when i ran Prime95
I only have one, which was in the Prime95 window.
I dont know how to read them, all i know is that it makes my CPU work 90%-100%, and it shows the hottest it'll get.

EDIT - I would run it for 5 minutes or so, then increase the clocks again, and repeat. Until i get to the clocks i want

I ran it for 20 minutes. I didn't know what I was doing with Prime95. Now I know what Worshipme meant. Currently I'm @ 3.0GHz (200Mhz, 15.0 multiplier). Should I be messing with the HT and NB voltages? I tried to make a jump from 2.9 to 3.1, but I got a BSOD.

edit: On the Work Thread #1 I keep getting 1 error when calculating the function. Is this bad?

you going to try to achieve higher clocks?
do what worshipme said, and on you 3.0ghz clock, dont raise the multi anymore, and raise the HT.

EDIT - damn... i dont know. we need worshipme to get on.

huh... i didnt get that much windows when i ran Prime95
I only have one, which was in the Prime95 window.
I dont know how to read them, all i know is that it makes my CPU work 90%-100%, and it shows the hottest it'll get.
That means you're only running one thread, and only using one core.
You need v25.7.
Two windows = two threads = both cores stressed.
I ran it for 20 minutes. I didn't know what I was doing with Prime95. Now I know what Worshipme meant. Currently I'm @ 3.0GHz (200Mhz, 15.0 multiplier). Should I be messing with the HT and NB voltages? I tried to make a jump from 2.9 to 3.1, but I got a BSOD.
If you're aiming to increase the HT clock, not just the multiplier, then you may need to increase the HT voltage.
NB voltage = memory controller voltage. The MC is located in the CPU so increasing voltage will increase heat like Vcore. Increase it only if you want to run your memory at higher speeds with lower latencies.

Your temps are great, so I'd raise the Vcore and then increase the multi.
edit: On the Work Thread #1 I keep getting 1 error when calculating the function. Is this bad?
The window goes red? If so, it's not stable.

When you think about it the 5000+ X2 BE and and the 5400+ are amazing CPUs for the price.

Back
Top Bottom