Is my firewall really worth it?

Infrared1

Baseband Member
I was previously using Comodo Firewall free version but because it's too good* I switched to ZoneAlarm Free. I've noticed significantly slower Internet speeds after using it and after doing a couple tests at speedtest.net I found that the firewall is restricting my download speeds by over 2mbps and my upload by over 100kbps.

Is it really worth it using this firewall? I don't really like waiting for pages for load any longer then I have to, and it feels quite slow compared to Comodo. If there's any good free firewalls you guys know could you let me know?

*Seriously, it gives you a pop up message for every single little thing you can imagine.

Either use the default that windows gives you or don't use one at all...if I got 100kbps less speed I would definitely not use that firewall...

With Comodo Firewall. you can set the amount of alerts you get under the "Alert Settings" tab in the "Firewall Behavior Settings" section located in the "Advanced" section of "Firewall Tasks".

Thanks Atomic, I might go back to Comodo if I can drop the number of alerts, or I might just use the regular windows firewall.

Back
Top Bottom