5400x2 Be @ ?

I kind of want to OC. I don't know whether I should or not. My only worry is that once I void the warranty something happens to my CPU I'm screwed.

Under regular work CPU temp is 23C, system 31C. With this said, how far do you think I could push it? At what temps should I stop OCing?

If you have a good cooler, I really don't think the temps are going to be your main problem. The main thing to look for is a good stable operating speed. The max temp for an AMD CPU is 65°C.

I think my VCore caps at 1.25V. Should I increase it to 1.25V from the start and then start pushing the multiplier? Also, does increasing HT Clock over multiplier affect temperatures differently?

edit: The VCore is not 1.25. Maybe 1.35. I can't quite remember. Right now it's at 1.28.

i read somewhere that putting an aftermarket HSF voids the warranty, which confuses me, because how would they know?
i would try to find the Safe Volts of your CPU, then never go beyond that.

I would increase the HT till i get unstable, then Up the volts a little, and see if its stable.
Are you trying to see how high of clocks you can get?
or are you going to try to reach a certain point?

From my experience with OC, when i lower my my Multiplier, and up my HT/FSB to stock, the CPU doesnt really get any temperature gain, but the Chipsets gets a little hotter by a couple of degrees in C.

Does AMD need to get higher HT (regardless of CPU clocks) to get better performance?

i read somewhere that putting an aftermarket HSF voids the warranty, which confuses me, because how would they know?
That's false. You may use whatever HSF you like as long as you don't modify the CPU itself for it's use.

Here's what I want to do. I want to raise my multiplier until the CPU is not stable, then find a max. I want my vcore to be as high as possible (more room) keeping a temp of 35-40C. It would be nice if I could get a good 400-500Mhz increase. I'd like to then create a profile, if it's possible. So whenever I need the extra power I turn on the profile and run an OC'ed CPU.

raising the vCore is what makes the temperature increase the most.
my friend was able to get to 3Ghz with the 5000+ non BE. He didnt raise the volts or anything. I dont know if it was stable or not, we didnt run any tests. I think the 5000+ is clocked at 2.6Ghz.

Most every 5000+ BE will run at 3GHz without having to raise the VCore. I have three of them currently running at 3GHz without a voltage increase. Those that do need an increase are happy with an increase of .05 or so.

I think my VCore caps at 1.25V. Should I increase it to 1.25V from the start and then start pushing the multiplier? Also, does increasing HT Clock over multiplier affect temperatures differently?
Set your Vcore manually from the beginning. If left on auto, the motherboard will increase the voltage automatically, often more than it needs to.
The default Vcore is 1.25V or so, like you thought.

You'll have to see if raising the HT clock has any worthwhile affects on performance, it's probably more beneficial to raise the multi 'till you hit a wall, then increase the HT clock to get those last few MHz.
35c-40c is very safe, you can go way over that, don't worry about it.

Use Prime95 small FFTs to stress test.

Back
Top Bottom