what? GTA IV needs a Quad?

i hope atleast another year LOL. i just bought mine hehe. i am kinda waiting for those Quads to drop in price LOL

yeah. But if you think about it, most games are held back by the graphics card. So as long as we have a good graphics card, it will last us awhile, unless the game is CPU Intensive.
im thinking that the C2Q will drop when the Nehalem comes out.
Even if it does drop, i dont really want to get a new processor, I want to try to hold my current CPU for about half a year before i have to get a new one, especially when the economy is doing so bad... :(

i agree with you on that one Teny. i hope to keep mine for much longer too. Well as for video cards, i have the latest...and they run great..so i won't need to upgrade for a long time. so hopefully same goes for my cpu :)

I'm not worried at all. A decent dual core is more than enough to keep up with any game available.

think lukaszr and me should be safe for awhile?
Even though i think lukaszr is safe because he has an E8xxx series.

wtf 7900 minimum graphics card? they probably directly ported the game from xbox 360 without any optimization...

My computer won't have any problem running that, but I'm not getting it. :p
I think a my CPU (X2 5600+ @ 3.0Ghz) would be fine, makes up for the lose of 2 cores at 2.4Ghz. I am going to start to overclock it a bit more to get a bit more out of my 4870 though.

For me, I'm not waiting for the Nehalem crap. I'm going all out of the Deneb FX Cores for AMD! They are bringing the FX series back! Heard it's supposed to be somewhere around $500-$750. After all, Intel has no CPU's in that price range! A new AM3 Mobo, and new DDR3 Ram is something that I'm looking forward too. ^.^

heres my analysis.

if those are the true system requirements, GTA 4 may be one of the most horribly optimized games ever, as the cpu requirements are just too demanding. GTA 4 can run fine on much wekaer consoles such as the xbox 360 or the PS3 which only have a single core. this must be the most horrible port for a game ever.

even the much hyped crysis could be plpayed moderately well with a single core p4 3.0ghz

GTA graphics were never that great on the xbox IMO. But What kind of graphics card does the xbox 360 Equal too? A x1800xt I think?

all i know is that the consoles dont have DX10.
i heard rumors that they are thinking of having DX10 on it.

Back
Top Bottom