Ubuntu 8.10

Hmm then mine must have been a bad burn because my 8.04 CD would never read my NTFS drives.

I need to try to repartition my drives on my laptop for this. But once it's booted (the live CD boot takes forever still) it is a really fast OS.

Hmm then mine must have been a bad burn because my 8.04 CD would never read my NTFS drives.

I need to try to repartition my drives on my laptop for this. But once it's booted (the live CD boot takes forever still) it is a really fast OS.

My 8.04 would read NTFS.

I have a question about Ubuntu. I never used it before, and im thinking or reformatting my laptop.
So i was wondering if this will work with my laptop, I.E. drivers, programs such as Microsoft Office, Itunes, Azureus, etc.

I never had a problem with ubuntu and drivers. Everything worked correctly right from start.

got 8.10 installed and everything works except wireless. That means no internet in ubuntu for me

I'm having a weird issue now. The Xfire plugin for Pidgin that I have works, but AIM doesn't.

Yeah,You can get a program called Ndiswrapper which allows you to use your Windows Wifi Driver.Also if you dont want to install it via command line you can get a GUI for it :D.

I have tried several times to install ndiswrapper but can't seem to get it to work
I just wish companies would release drivers for linux.

edit: Wireless works fine on my laptop without going through ndiswrapper but the wireless on my desktop still doesn't work. Can't even find a windows driver to use with ndiswrapper.

im going to back up my system and install Ubuntu 8.10.

but before i do,
1. what do i do after i get the drivers from my laptops manufactures website?
2. can someone give me a step by step instructions?
3. is Ndiswrapper self explanatory for the wifi?
4. and what about my graphics driver?
5. I dont need my chipset drivers?

Back
Top Bottom