is there a program that....

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
i can use to play my games?
Ok heres the deal, i have a few games i always play, and its beginning to become a pain in the ass to always have to put the cd in to play.
What i will do, if this will be possible, and if someone knows of a program or software that does this, but i will make ISO images of all my game cds (these are all bought) and store them on my harddrive, and then using whatever software to just simply select the iso image i need for which ever game.

So my question now is, what software can i use to accomplish this??

you use something called a Crack. I will supply you a link and instructions through PM since its pretty much forbidden to do.

now i can only use this for single player correct?

like i don't have any multiplayer that require a cd. and using that above...still means i have the "legal" game right?

according to that site. yes.
I think as long as you still have the original disc, you will be fine.

Yep, no cd cracks will work for single player, just make sure you get the correct version for the game version you are running, e.g. If your game is patched to 1.6 you'll need a 1.6 no cd crack

There is also Megagames and GameBurnWorld

The cracks are usually listed as "Game Fixes"

If you want to go with your original idea you can create the .iso files and mount them in a virtual drive, there are a couple of programmes to do this with, names escape me right now as I use no cd cracks personally.

This is a topic that is hotly debated in most forums as you are technically breaking the EULA by altering the game code and is the way people can use pirated games but on the other hand people (like myself) who have bought the games legitimately will argue for the use because of the reason you state and the fact that continual use scratches the media eventually rendering it useless.

There are several game makers/marketers who realise this (THQ - Company of Heroes for example) who have a no cd built into the game, but however you may randomly (usually after a patch) be asked to insert your disk to verify ownership which imo is a much better system

@ATF
yeah...thats why i wanted to make sure it was still legal to use those cracks. like i bought the games, and have the cds and serials...but its a drag having to use the cds all the time. and yeah they scratch up a lot too!

Yep, no cd cracks will work for single player, just make sure you get the correct version for the game version you are running, e.g. If your game is patched to 1.6 you'll need a 1.6 no cd crack

yeah, i sent him a message about that.
This is pretty much how pirates play the game, and get past the DRM.

Technically it is illegal, but hey, the no cd crack police haven't busted down my door yet and I've been doing it for years, ;)

:D

Back
Top Bottom