The big internet question!!

costalo

Beta member
Hello everyone!
I wanted to reach out to you savy computer folks with a specific query.

What I am interested in is a software program or a combination of several programs that could conduct data mining to determine an individual's footprint on the internet (i.e. registered with different sites, chat room affiliations, possible interests, hobbies, employment, handles, database registrations…) – this could be used to track and or locate someone.

Would something like this possible? How would I go about assembling this? As I would be looking at numerous individuals, I would like to use a reliable software program to optimize the search efficiency.

Essentially the only information that would be available for input in the search parameters would be the name of an individual/email address. Although I have used Google, Yahoo, Dogpile, Metasearch to search for information… it seems to me that there is so much irrelevant info found or nothing at all. Is there a way to write a program that would combine the features of these search engines so that the searches would be compatible and not redundant? I know that search parameters have to be precise, but I would only have very limited personal identifiers available!

Thank you very much and best regards
Costa

hmmmm
one thought comes to mind

Privacy!

why would anyone want to help you 'spy' on anyone?
not trying to offend or anything
but your idea has fallen on my deaf ears

Give this guy a chance. Maybe he's looking for his long lost love or something. Or, just trying to kill someone.Hmm....

Hello everyone!
I wanted to reach out to you savy computer folks with a specific query.

What I am interested in is a software program or a combination of several programs that could conduct data mining to determine an individual's footprint on the internet (i.e. registered with different sites, chat room affiliations, possible interests, hobbies, employment, handles, database registrations…) – this could be used to track and or locate someone.

Would something like this possible? How would I go about assembling this? As I would be looking at numerous individuals, I would like to use a reliable software program to optimize the search efficiency.

Essentially the only information that would be available for input in the search parameters would be the name of an individual/email address. Although I have used Google, Yahoo, Dogpile, Metasearch to search for information… it seems to me that there is so much irrelevant info found or nothing at all. Is there a way to write a program that would combine the features of these search engines so that the searches would be compatible and not redundant? I know that search parameters have to be precise, but I would only have very limited personal identifiers available!

Thank you very much and best regards
Costa

Such search engines do exist and they are called "people search engines". However they are nowhere as smart as a person. Google is still the most often used tool for attempting find out information legally about a person.

Back
Top Bottom