For you Xbox people!

neh.
quick question about the 360...
when you are offline, does your consoles time change?
Everytime we turn off our console, the time in it is different when we start it back up.

EDIT - different from the real world time

Yep. The motherboard has a tiny little battery that keeps the CMOS and other important functions like system time going. Usually when it's plugged in but turned off, the console still draws a bit of power to keep it going, but when you have it unplugged it uses the battery. Being a battery, it only keeps charge for so long, so if you keep your console unplugged for too long, the system time gets reset.

It's much like a computer, but more simple.

The only thing I'm really forward to the update is you will be able to chat with 8 players at once. Oh and the netflix plugin.
The avatars kind of makes me mad that microsoft is taking the idea for Wii.

Also, Besides the avatars, you can save you game CD's onto your hard drive... But...... You still need the CD to play it! It's purpose is to make faster load times. It would be good for me because my CD's are scratched and I can only play certain maps for COD4...

Everyone thought the avatars is a Mii rip off and it somewhat is. At least you can give Microsoft props for greatly improving the concept. The avatars have SO much more customization than the Mii's and they're actually a LOT better than what Nintendo put out.

As for the saving game data to the HDD, you still need the DVD because the disc acts as a security verification. It's just like what Sony did for the PS3. Either way, it's a good thing.

the CD hard drive thing is from the PS3 and the avatar thing looks soooo much like the Wii people and if they make a little world where ur avatars can hang out and you chat then that would be Playstation Home so they didnt really make anything new

Using your logic, Sony didn't really innovate anything with the PlayStation Network or PlayStation Home cause technically they copied off Microsoft and Xbox Live. Oh and technically Sony ripped off Microsoft for using a HDD as the primary source to save game data as well.

bigshifty.gif

And aren't we just the anti-microsoft. I guess we can get real childish and say the Sony ripped off Home from Xbox Live huh? Microsoft allows you to download movies, well I guess we (sony) should do that too. It works both ways dude.

Ya srsly. :p

You know what they say, great companies tend to steal most of their ideas.

It's like with the Mac and Windows back in the day, one company came up with it, the other stole the idea and made it a hell of a lot better.

You know what they say, great companies tend to steal most of their ideas.

It's like with the Mac and Windows back in the day, one company came up with it, the other stole the idea and made it a hell of a lot better.

Who invented the mouse? Apple

Who needs two mouse buttons for their operating system? Microsoft

that is NOT interesting
its the most gay thing i have ever seen!
why in the world is Microsoft trying to make a Wii?
thats exactly what the avatars look like
i have all ready unpluged my 360 from live so i WONT get that update
i hate it with a passion
and my 360 for that matter
but thats a different thread

Yep. The motherboard has a tiny little battery that keeps the CMOS and other important functions like system time going. Usually when it's plugged in but turned off, the console still draws a bit of power to keep it going, but when you have it unplugged it uses the battery. Being a battery, it only keeps charge for so long, so if you keep your console unplugged for too long, the system time gets reset.

It's much like a computer, but more simple.

but we dont unplug our system, its always plugged in, and yet the time change.

that is NOT interesting
its the most gay thing i have ever seen!
why in the world is Microsoft trying to make a Wii?
thats exactly what the avatars look like
i have all ready unpluged my 360 from live so i WONT get that update
i hate it with a passion
and my 360 for that matter
but thats a different thread

I personally think microsoft did a heck of a lot better than the wii did with the avatars. I think the ones on the wii are retarded. I'll be enjoying the new update and I will be able to stream netflix straight to my tv.

jervin32189 said:
Who invented the mouse? Apple

Who needs two mouse buttons for their operating system? Microsoft

You are mistaken, it was actually invented by Doug Engelbart while he was at Xerox PARC.

Back
Top Bottom