How to beat spammers

Well have you considered that a lot of times these spammers are bots that can make several posts per minute if they are allowed and they could be faster than somebody that would neg rep them?

I'm sorry Jervin I don't understand. May you rephrase as I'm abit of a thick retarded boy (little boy)

Sorry. Let me try this again. A lot of the spammers that spam forums are not actually human beings, but bots, or computer programs that find forums and spam on them. My point with that is that even if David implemented a certain rule saying that after 2 neg rep posts that there is a longer delay, these "bots" can make several posts per minute. (well, because they are a computer program, not somebody actually trying). By the time somebody who knew to neg rep them did rep them, there could already be 10 posts created. That's all I am trying to say.

Sorry. Let me try this again. A lot of the spammers that spam forums are not actually human beings, but bots, or computer programs that find forums and spam on them. My point with that is that even if David implemented a certain rule saying that after 2 neg rep posts that there is a longer delay, these "bots" can make several posts per minute. (well, because they are a computer program, not somebody actually trying). By the time somebody who knew to neg rep them did rep them, there could already be 10 posts created. That's all I am trying to say.

You have to wait 30 seconds before replying to a thread. I assume this is the same to create a thread. I wouldn't know because it takes me way more than 30 seconds to type a thread up. The reason I don't like this idea is because you could have a member who just got neg. rep. for blowing up on a discussion. It wouldn't be fair to stop him from posting. Unfortunately, spammers are something that can't be avoided without hurting priveledges of others. I already follow J's idea. Just let it die. I completely support it too.

Spammers are rarely a serious problem. Sure they're annoying, but they aren't that hard to clean up.

Hell, when that guy came on and started posting that huge long cat picture in about 100 threads (he spent nearly two hours of his time doing this) Lowndsey came on and deleted every single one of them within minutes.

Troll attempt was a complete failure I'd say.

Spammers are rarely a serious problem. Sure they're annoying, but they aren't that hard to clean up.

Hell, when that guy came on and started posting that huge long cat picture in about 100 threads (he spent nearly two hours of his time doing this) Lowndsey came on and deleted every single one of them within minutes.

Troll attempt was a complete failure I'd say.

haha, i remember that

How to beat spammers

With a "Ban Hammer" of course!

BANHAMMER.png

Back
Top Bottom