How to beat spammers

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
How to beat spammers with no Mods online?

simple, each person that signs up with 0 post and when they spam their should be this:

when you bad rep them for spam it should freeze their post timer to every 5mins

Only people who are new should freeze 5mins if they get 2 bad reps.

you with me?

I got a better idea. Instead of replying to every thread that contained spam like you did, you could simply report it silently and move on.

Every time you reply to one of those messages, you simply bump it up.

O god, are you understanding anything? if a spammer comes on when mods are not online it makes it look messy, o and I posted it because people might click it, so I'm warning them, do you have any idea??

And I report them all the time anyway, so why do you have the impression I don't? and why do you always always always have to get some sort of shit post on me?

your best bet is to stay away from me like I have told you before.

get a thinking brain on will you.

What we do on another forum that I frequent is that you report only one post from a spammer once, and reply to it with "reported"

I got a better idea. Instead of replying to every thread that contained spam like you did, you could simply report it silently and move on.

Every time you reply to one of those messages, you simply bump it up.

yeah, just reporting it is best, but I do see where he's coming from. It's an interesting idea in theory, but I don't see it happening. It's not that often a mod isn't online and if one isn't once they get on it gets cleaned up. I usually just report and neg rep the spammer and go on my merry way. Spam is pretty easy to spot and if you post in it you bump it to the top so more people click it.

But the thing is, when I come on early before work I'm mostly one of the only one's online.

The idea is to defeat the spammers, not have them keep spamming, sure you can report but come on, what help does it do with 90 guests online?

A majority of the 90 guests are probably search engines and would be spammers anyway. I'm just saying that if it's not something vbulletin already has implemented it would take a lot of coding time (which I'm sure david doesn't have as he has a life of his own). Personally I think it's quite an inventive idea and would be cool to implement, I just don't see it happening.

huh? I guess I don't get your meaning. I never said it was a bad idea (actually I thought it was interesting, as stated above).

Back
Top Bottom