Laptop is ruined :( unless you can help!! Weirdest computer problem I've ever had!

It's not going to be a driver because drivers don't come into play during POST. Sounds like the video card itself. I think maybe just because it works in safe mode means that the generic driver works. :confused: Definitely hardware problem though.

It's not going to be a driver because drivers don't come into play during POST. Sounds like the video card itself. I think maybe just because it works in safe mode means that the generic driver works. :confused: Definitely hardware problem though.

Agreed. Any chance you have a warranty? Try Calling HP tech support.

This is a Video card problem. I have had the same with my PC. Do you have Radeon? If yes, I think you need to test it...

This is so weird- i would think the POST and BIOS would use the generic video card driver too! Apparently not :( .... And I'm no longer in warranty. Guess I'm screwed - unless someone on eBay will buy a laptop with a nonworking display card. Right.... lol

Re-Flash to BIOS?

If you can still get into safe mode,download THIS,and install it.It will Re-flash (reinstall) your BIOS with the latest version for your laptop.

Also,Have you reset the BIOS Back to Factory Settings?

Thanks for the help - really appreciate it; cannot flash bios in safe mode :/ i get an error with that exact message

be careful flashing the bios, you don't want a paperweight.

The sounds of it point to a video issue, but you say safe mode doesn't have these weird problems... hm.

I was having the same issues on my desktop. I returned the monitor and changed the resolution and everything if fine now. Did you you try drivers from Nvidia?

I was having the same issues on my desktop. I returned the monitor and changed the resolution and everything if fine now. Did you you try drivers from Nvidia?

It's acting up during POST as well, so it's not drivers. It could be the BIOS or the actual hardware. Exactly what is still to be determined.

Back
Top Bottom