rebuilt. having trouble

saint313

Beta member
its probably a simple solution. i rebuilt my entire computer. im using the same disk drives, hard drives etc as before, just changed motherboards ethernet and sound cards. when i start up the computer it says the "detecting IDE Drives..." it sits there for about 45 seconds then it says. Primary master, slave master etc... all say :none. it does not find them.then it goes on to say disk boot failure in another screen. i have gone into the system bios and tryed alot of diffrent things but cant seem to fix it. if anyone has a suggestion please help me out its hard to fix my computer when i need help but dont have a computer to use to get the help lol

You have to do a fresh reinstall. Windows doesn't like it when you changed motherboards on it. That should solve your problem.

how do i do that when i get the boot disk failure. my disk drives wont even open when i hit the button so i cant put in my xp disk =/. also the hard drive was never wiped so i didnt think i would have to reinstall since everything should still be on the HD (OS etc..) im just a little confused

Put your Operating System CD in the drive. Turn your computer off. When you turn it back on. Make sure you boot from the disc. It doesn't matter. As far as I've heard. If you change motherboards, you need to reinstall. I don't know what to tell you about the drive not opening. But, doing a fresh install of your OS will definitely solve your problem.

sometimes changing the motherboard would work and dont have to reinstall windows. But its highly recommended because of the drivers.
But for you, it seems like you do.
Did you plug in your CD/DVD drive correctly?

Back
Top Bottom