$140 ATI 4850 Comparison?

If you're not worried about MIR's, I'd go with the ASUS. It has an aftermarket HSF (not that there's anything wrong with the reference design) and better PWM. It's also likely that it has some better memory modules since it's the "TOP" edition.

I am worried about MIR...

The ASUS one is a 24 hour special, and I'll probably not be ordering on until Friday, so how would you compare the HIS one to the others (excluding the ASUS).

Also, does Newegg ship on weekends?

Newegg only ships/work from Mon-Fri.
But the carriers work from Mon-Sat, except on holidays.

From the reviews all of them run really hot besides the 1st and last link you posted. So maybe take a look at them but all 4850's run hot so it's up to you.

if it was me, i would choose the 2nd Sapphire.
mainly because i have experience with sapphire, and the only HSF i have ever had on my graphics card were those ones.
I dont like having a big round thing on my cards.

I am worried about MIR...

The ASUS one is a 24 hour special, and I'll probably not be ordering on until Friday, so how would you compare the HIS one to the others (excluding the ASUS).

Also, does Newegg ship on weekends?
Al right, I'd go with the reference Sapphire then. Mainly because there's not much choice.

And reference HD 4850s only run hot because the default fan speed is around 10%, and even then, the temps are well within safe range. AMD wouldn't send out parts that would die because of the heat. I have my fan running at 35% (Which is still inaudible) and my load temp is around 75c, that's overclocked and volt modded.

Well for me it's all about the price...the HIS is now $124 after the MIR, so I'll be ordering that one later today!!!

I hope it's as good as I think it is :).

Dumb question, what video card is in a PS3 if you had to find it on Newegg? An 8800GT or something better...??

Back
Top Bottom