Microsoft dealing with Piracy....in China

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
An anti-piracy tactic by Microsoft Corp. that turns some computer users' screens black has set off a wave of indignation among Chinese consumers, posing renewed problems for the software maker in the huge China market.

In the week since Microsoft deployed an updated anti-piracy tool here, some Chinese have fumed about what they see as an invasion of privacy. Users of legitimate software have been turning their own screens black in protest. One authorized user complained to the police.

Windows Genuine Advantage has been in use worldwide for several years. The update that started to affect Chinese PC users last week did exactly what it was intended to do: get people's attention.

Source: http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20081028/ap_on_hi_te/china_microsoft_blacked_out

Found this very interesting...thought i'd share.

I was reading about this. It said that they would have to save up like 3 months worth of pay to afford vista... or somthing like that.

Doesnt mean people can afford it ;)

they can afford pirated ones.
I think i saw some for like $10 USD when i was there. It looked so fake... haha.
I think my cousins there have pirated ones too.

I mean that it doesnt mean that they can afford legal copies. It was in reply to Austinn

Back
Top Bottom