Fan Attached to heat sink is loud whats wrong?

Holysky

Fully Optimized
The fan attached to the Heatsink is very loud and evrytime the hourglass comes up, it loudens then goes back down when it stops? My CPU is at 100% for some reason. There are to many processes and i dont know how to get rid of them to make them stop!!! help:confused: :confused: :confused:

I would start out with a good virus scan.
CTRL/ALT/Delete will tell you what's running.
d

You can use CCleaner to get rid of startup files that are unneeded. If you don't know what they are though, Google the file name or leave it alone. They may be important to startup something. Also, run a virus and spyware scan, and get rid of any that show up.

Run this on the computer:http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html

Then save the file(Should be a notepad fire or .txt file) and go to this site and copy and paste the whole file into the analyze box and click analyze. If anything should come up with a red 'X' go back to your computer, run the program again, and find the EXACT file name in the program that has the red 'X' on the website and check the box next to it. After you check all the boxes with red 'X's' in them, go to the bottom left and click fix.

That program should find the running process that is taking up all the CPU usage and by checking the items and clicking fix, you delete it. You can also delete yellow 'X's' while your at it.

I had the same 100% CPU problem and it was caused by a virus that was acting as a windows virus in my temp folder. AVG wouldn't pick it up but hijackThis did and saved me a reformat.

The fan is sounding loud because your CPU is producing alot of heat from being at 100% all the time, if your wondering, deleteing the process that is revving it up to 100% is deleted, it should stop.

could i just delete the temporary folder? What is it called?

now i have no internet on it and it wont load anything up...

I cant even get the XP logo to comeup when i start to go onto safe mode!

UPDATE: ToolBar does not work anymore and is stuck on windows classic and i cannot change it

Do you have a windows CD to re-install? back-up all of your data and format the hard drive, then reload windows from the CD. I'll bet you have a lot of viruses, malware, trojans, adware, etc. on there.

If you can't start it up then I would suggest to simply reformat it. And no you couldn't delete the file in the temp folder. Most of these types of virus are hidden. I followed the path of the virus that the HijackThis gave me and found nothing, yet it was still there. And it could also be in a different folder, these viruses like to hand around in the Win32 folders.

If you can't get into windows then the virus might have deleted the OS files. I had a virus(Massive boot virus) on my old computer with XP SP1 and I left it on for a while. The next time I turned it on, nothing. Went to reformat it, it didn't even detect the windows installation on the HDD. It deleted all my files!

I think you can run the HijackThis off of a boot disk, but i wouldn't go through the trouble. Reformatting takes about an hour at most. Do you have any important files on the computer?

Four years back huh?
Upgrade time, No?
You could always buy another OS Disk.

i am making a new pc in janurary, this is just for a little bit

and yes i have pictures........ lots of em

can you give me an example of the disk i can copy the virus thing too?

I sent you a PM. If you are building a new computer, you could get the hard drive now, and hook it up to transfer the files to. You could also use a flash drive, if you don't have a ton of stuff. A portable hard drive would also work.

Back
Top Bottom