NFS Undercover

They put a lot of emphasis on the way the cars look in the recent NFS games.

RICER BOYS?
whats that suppose to mean?

Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements

It's essentially adding cosmetic additions to your car that really aren't necessary. Like FWD cars that have giant GT-style spoilers, quad exhaust tips, chrome tail lights or putting body kits that are obnoxiously ugly and don't do anything to increase the performance of your car, only to increase your ego.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_burner

I'm sure your not that dumb enough to have understood

Let me guess, so you think I'm dumb for using the term "ricer"? :rolleyes:

ah,
or those people that put turbos in their cars without replacing other parts, and their cars ends up backfiring all the time?

ah,
or those people that put turbos in their cars without replacing other parts, and their cars ends up backfiring all the time?

I wouldn't consider it rice for that, they are trying to make it fast and don't know what they are doing and haven't done the research. Technically you don't need to do internals if you want to add a turbo (is a good idea). A good tune with low boost will be just fine on a stock motor, just have to avoid detonation.

Now putting one of the ebay things on that makes your car sound like it has a turbo is being a ricer. Another example is an "Electric S/C" (aka Boat bilge pump) that are sold on ebay for like $40.

It also depends on the engine. Some take boost better than others. An example would the the Honda B16 engine. It is a very bad idea to boost those with stock internals because they have a 10.2:1 compression ratio out of the factory.

I wouldn't consider it rice for that, they are trying to make it fast and don't know what they are doing and haven't done the research. Technically you don't need to do internals if you want to add a turbo (is a good idea). A good tune with low boost will be just fine on a stock motor, just have to avoid detonation.

Now putting one of the ebay things on that makes your car sound like it has a turbo is being a ricer. Another example is an "Electric S/C" (aka Boat bilge pump) that are sold on ebay for like $40.

Haha, yeah I heard about that "Electric Supercharger" thing. Don't forget about the Turbonator. :p

http://www.turbonator.com/

It also depends on the engine. Some take boost better than others. An example would the the Honda B16 engine. It is a very bad idea to boost those with stock internals because they have a 10.2:1 compression ratio out of the factory.

You can do what BMW did and slap a giant turbo and dial the boost up to 81psi on a 1.5-litre straight four. :) I doubt any of the internals were stock, but still awesome. Ahh...I miss the old Formula 1 days.

Haha, yeah I had that on my original Xbox. The physics are so bad...you just ride the understeer through corners.

ive beat underground, underground 2, carbon, prostreet, most wanted and im looking forward to this one alot, just need a better computer first or ill get it for the ps3 maybe

Back
Top Bottom