Illegal downloading.

what the hell was he downloading, if we was he's pretty stupid!

He was downloading movies. I cant think of the names right now. But they were able to to list the stuff he has downloaded.

I agree with all of you. He shouldnt be downloading again. If I got warned, i would be done downloading. He has alot of guts to be doing it again.

There really isnt a way to protect yourself is there? I mean, If he is using proxies. Cant his ISP still tell what he is doing? Proxies only hide him from websites right? His IP/proxy wouldnt change between him and the ISP will it?

He didn't have guts, he was just stupid.

Well said. I tried to talk him out of doing it again. i mean, When he does get caught, His life might as well be over. Prison time, and a huge fine of up to $250,000. There's no way he'll ever be able to pay that off.

Ehh...use UltraSurf, or just make sure you have an ISP that doesn't care.

how good is this program?

what are the consequences for the US? and can the US people actually be caught? I never heard a story where someone in the US gotten caught, only the people in the UK.
Just wondering.

he can do what i do, and dont download anything for a certain of months until i think they stop keeping track of me.

EDIT - Since reformatting Windows clear the ISP, can they still get the persons after reformatting?

EDIT -
If I had your ISP they probably would have cut me off a long time ago, But most of the stuff I download isn't licensed in the US. That might have something to do with it.

what comes first?
cutting off your internet? or getting charged?

Depends. I know people that have been threatened to have their internet cut off for downloading stuff. It depends on your ISP.

Back
Top Bottom