Minimum system specs? pah

newbie1323

Baseband Member
Hi, as most people know crtsis is probably the msot demanding computer game whcih states in its reccomended specs that it really requires a modern , fast computer to run. Now, i definalty dont have one of those, but i downloaded the demo anyway , set the res to 1680 by 1050, 2x AA and everything else to medium. and it played fine, not perfect, but playable and good enough to enjoy. Now here is the fun part, this is what im playing it on:

AMD sempron single core running at 1.8 ghz
512 ddr233 ram
geforce 7600gs (AGP)
dont even know the motherboard, thats not important for this example.

Im stunned, why is it playing, whats going wrong, what happened to all the jokes about NASA close to building a computer that could play it opn very high settings?

You're in DX9 mode so you'll probably get a lot more FPS...and you're on medium. Turn 4XAA and everything on high then see how it plays.

Try it in DX10, wait no you can't...but you would probably get 1/8th of your current frame rate.

i get about 30FPS on Warhead on high settings without AA and on Res 1680x1050 in DX9.

download FRAPS, and use it, and tell us how many FPS you are getting.

I get an avearge of 20FPS on Very High with my rig at 128oX1o24 with 4XAA. (56oo+ X2 Windsor @ 3.oGhz, 2Gb of ram running at 86oMhz, and a 487o Overclocked to top CCC overclocking rates.

For recommended settings, It would probably consist of another 487o in Crossfire. Recommended settings are for play on High Graphics gettings at least 3oFPS. The range over recommended is usally for extra FPS's or higher Graphics settings.

Playing it on medium with it barely playable isn't good.

He is talking about minimum system specs remember. So he's getting it to run at a reasonable rate for his pc. Props son!

If you download fraps, it will show a little counter in the top right corner of your screen.

Back
Top Bottom