Vista 32 bit vs 64 bit

In my experience with XP64bit, Nothing worked. Everything that was made for a normal 32bit, did not like to run on a 64bit Environment. I'm not sure if thats the case with vista. Anyone know?

In my experience with XP64bit, Nothing worked. Everything that was made for a normal 32bit, did not like to run on a 64bit Environment. I'm not sure if thats the case with vista. Anyone know?

64 bit XP wasn't actually XP, hence alot of the problems.

I use Vista Business 32-bit, but my Professor prefers the 64-bit because he claims it's less crash prone. I've been thinking about going to the 64-bit just so I can get more than 2 gigs of ram.

I use Vista Business 32-bit, but my Professor prefers the 64-bit because he claims it's less crash prone. I've been thinking about going to the 64-bit just so I can get more than 2 gigs of ram.

32 bit can have up to 4gb. 64 bit is like up to 120 or something like that...

Home basic 64 - 8gb
Home prem 64 - 16gb
business/ultimate - 128gb

64 bit theoretically can address 16 exabytes of memory (16.8 million terabytes).
^^that be alot :D LoL

I'm on 32bit Vista home basic and want to change to 64bit vista, but something better than basic. What's the easiest route ?

Oh btw i've got a lot of software on my laptop and emails i would like to keep.

I know i can't upgrade from 32bit to 64bit and would have to clean install. It's just that i would need to buy a 64bit Vista home premium or ultimate first and then somehow have to take the bits and bobs off my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1501) and transfer them to the newly installed version of Vista.

I've got quite a few saved emails i want to keep. I've got lots of software such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop that i have set up to my liking and i've got passwords and sign in details for lots of websites that i probably wont be able to remember. My computer signs me into most sites automatically. Oh and i've got hundreds of photos on my laptop.

I guess burning most of what i want to save onto DVD would be my best option ?

Back
Top Bottom