dell laptop takes a while to shut down

If it is clicking (listen to the hard drive), your hard drive has mechanically failed.

If it is not clicking, I'd recommend downloading Drive Fitness Test (DFT) and burn it to a disc.. then boot off of it. Run the full advanced test, and if there are any issues found, it'll make you aware with a red results page.

From the symptoms described, you have a bad hard drive.

If it is clicking (listen to the hard drive), your hard drive has mechanically failed.

If it is not clicking, I'd recommend downloading Drive Fitness Test (DFT) and burn it to a disc.. then boot off of it. Run the full advanced test, and if there are any issues found, it'll make you aware with a red results page.

From the symptoms described, you have a bad hard drive.

LOL!

The reason why I said mechanical failure relates to the fact that the clicking is generated by the head hitting the platters.. that is what I was always told.

I take it quite offensive to just come off as your laughing at someone (in this case me), rather than correcting someone if you feel it is fit.

The reason why I said mechanical failure relates to the fact that the clicking is generated by the head hitting the platters.. that is what I always told.

I take it quite offensive to just come off as your laughing at someone (in this case me), rather than correcting someone if you feel it is fit.

Agreed. +1

Back
Top Bottom