Some needed Help PLZ!!!

altimator2001

Baseband Member
Ok so I got a Dell Inspiron 3800 laptop for free today seems to work ok I havent tried the net on it yet but am sure it is pretty slow it is running xp pro . The question in hand is does anyone know what I can do to get more power from this I.E. Better processor something newer faster bigger hard drive. It would be really great to have a upgrade guide for this if thats possible
Thanks

Its a laptop. upgrading the processor isnt a good idea. You can upgrade the ram, but we will need specs.

I'd upgrade the memory as a cheap and instant performance bonus..
You could also format the hard drive, and reinstall Windows to have a clean copy of Windows on there (or a different operating system).

I was looking for the program that tells you what the specs are I dont know off hand. Why is it not a good idea to upgrade the processor??? I will try to pull the specs after work today and post them then all i know is that it was meant for win 2000 or 98 and is running xp pro.

OK so here are some current specs i jus pulled from the laptop
Dell Inspiron 3800 Model g700gt
700mhz win xp pro
128.8mb memory
Pentium 3 processor

that's an old computer. you can't do a lot with it. you could upgrade the RAM. it's not meant to run XP.

OK so how can i get the web on it because i dont see a port big enough to plug a ethernet cable into it. I should jus trash this shouldnt i

Back
Top Bottom