computer crashed need help

lennyluminum

Beta member
my computer chashed last week and lost everything. I had a backup on a external hard drive and i have the DAT file downloaded to my computer now but I cant open it. when i click the file this is what it says

" these files are used by the operating system and by various programs. editing or modifying them could damage your system.

if you still want to open the file, click open with, otherwise, click cancel. "

maybe one of you can help me????????

I cant seem to get that link to work

ok it works but now what do i do? I'm not that big of a computer guy but I'm tryin

You're pretty vague but assuming this .dat file is a back up file of some sort you'll need to import it to your new pc via the programme that created it.

You're pretty vague but assuming this .dat file is a back up file of some sort you'll need to import it to your new pc via the programme that created it.

thats exactly what I need to do. I got the file on my computer ( I fixed the one that crashed ) but It cant find the program that made it. so how do I find the program that made the backup file???

thanks for the help guys

the link above had a bunch of programs that are associated with ".dat".

Or try google'ing ".dat back up program". i am sure a bunch load of stuff will pop up...and i am sure you'll dig out the right one.

Back
Top Bottom