Clocks go back tonight

why? don't you enjoy the long summer nights?

There's too many people here who think daylight saving fades the curtains, etc. :rolleyes: They just don't seem to understand that all you're doing is 'moving' an hour of daylight from the mornings to the evenings.

Then, we have the 'keep fit brigade' who complain that its too dark in the mornings to do their early morning jogging, etc. once daylight saving starts.

Dunno why there's been so much drama here about daylight saving over the years? All the other Australian states (with the exception of Queensland and the Northern Territory) have had it for decades and no-one complains. All they did was introduce it and people adjusted accordingly. But, not here.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,24541307-2761,00.html

There's too many people here who think daylight saving fades the curtains, etc. :rolleyes: They just don't seem to understand that all you're doing is 'moving' an hour of daylight from the mornings to the evenings.

Then, we have the 'keep fit brigade' who complain that its too dark in the mornings to do their early morning jogging, etc. once daylight saving starts.

Dunno why there's been so much drama here about daylight saving over the years? All the other Australian states (with the exception of Queensland and the Northern Territory) have had it for decades and no-one complains. All they did was introduce it and people adjusted accordingly. But, not here.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,24541307-2761,00.html

Gosh, that really sucks. I love dark mornings (nothing is better during a cold marching band morning practice than the heat the stadium lights produce) and late nights. It will be 10:00 PM in the summer before it gets dark.

The US doesn't change ours back until a week from today (2:00 a.m. on 11/2/2008)
I was kinda wondering at first, I couldn't remember anyone saying that clocks changed this week. Would make it thoroughly confusing if I went back an hour and no one else did...

I hate when daylight savings time ends, gets dark so friggin early, seems like you should be in bed by 6pm.

Back
Top Bottom