For our school, this is great. Kudos to people who put thins on shared drives

In grade 10 my school got in alot of trouble and got sued by some recording and record companies because everyone was installing limewire and kazaa and downloading music. So everyone got their accounts looked at and if they had music saved they were banned for 5 months.

one thing I did in grade 11 and 12 was set up gaming sessions at lunch because the teachers were too stupid to lock this one computer lab at lunch and it was at the end of the hall where no teachers went at lunch. So I brought in my external hard drive full of games like unreal tournament, halo, doom3 and shared it over the network. That was all in good fun then I bought a cheap wireless G usb adapter and plugged it in so people could game on their laptops without being traced. This pissed off the IT department so much because they couldn't figure out how banned students were getting back on.

If I were your teacher. You would hate me. I would take you off the network. Make sure you never touched a computer again. Think about the students that are there to actually learn? And when they need a computer, you've messed it up and it cant be used. Now what will they do? Some families may not have a computer and when you are messing with them, they have nothing to use.

When i was a tech in HS. Many people got removed for this very reason. I would not put up with students ruining things for other students.

agreed. Pranks are only funny when no one gets hurt, and everyone wins.

It's just fun :D

Plus us teenagers love pissing off teachers.
Maybe you should appreciate what teachers do for the school community and stop messing with the computers and use them for their intended purpose - actually doing work on them. Not pulling pranks and screwing up the computers for other students who probably have legitimate uses for them.

People that mess with the computers, install games and applications that take up space and resources on the server, change settings and try to override the security make me sick. Use your skills in a productive way. :rolleyes:

You're lucky you don't go to my school - you wouldn't have access to the computers to do that stuff to them and the school district would be having a long talk with you.

In high school, we used Cain and Able to get Administrator passwords. Then we played StarCraft and Unreal in are Tech class. The teacher didn't care. He was a great though, taught me everything I needed know and what I wanted to know in the IT field. Best high school days ever...
Oh yeah, and we didn't do anything to harm the network. We just tested what we were capable of doing (In a team effort) :)

I remember, I found a way to uncap are bandwidth that was set for our area. And man I torrented literally 2-3MBS Up and Down

I started working for a company called Florida Radiology being a IT guy. (My Dad hooked me up with the job. And very happy with it. But thats on Temp tell I leave for Air Force dec 2 lol.

Well, I dislike all the teachers at my school..I'm always the one that gets picked on, except for two or three..but the rest are idiots. I learn nothing, I learn more at home and from the text book than from them..

And plus I don't trash computers and ruin it for other people, we always fix the problem..

yeah some idiots in my accounting class last year were messing with a substitute teacher with soundboards so bad she actually left the class and left us on our own. Although at the time it seemed like a sweet deal but when the original teacher got back the next day she actually got the whole class moved to a classroom with no computers and we had to do all our accounting calculations by hand instead of in a spreadsheet.

Well, I dislike all the teachers at my school..I'm always the one that gets picked on, except for two or three..but the rest are idiots. I learn nothing, I learn more at home and from the text book than from them..

And plus I don't trash computers and ruin it for other people, we always fix the problem..
Maybe you don't learn anything because your too busy pointlessly fu*king around with your schools computers, and then fixing the problems that you created?

Maybe you don't learn anything because your too busy pointlessly fu*king around with your schools computers, and then fixing the problems that you created?

We only do that shit in our Computer Graphics class, but I've finished all my work in photoshop. And fixing it is only 5 mins anyway.

Back
Top Bottom