Best remote access ?

Celticsfan

Banned
I need some suggestions on best & most secured method to access main pc from laptop when outside of office. Years ago I used PC Anywhere but somebody else I know in same situation uses the REMOTE DESKTOP ACCESS feature that comes with windows. There may however be other software's or ways I do not know. What is the best and most secure way of doing this? Any and all comments welcome.

I use realVNC to access my server remotely.
It can work over LAN and WAN so it's nice. Just need to do the whole open ports and any firewall crud. Other than that it's great. Allows you full control as if you were right at the computer.
Requires password for security.

remote desktop access i believe can only be done over a LAN or WAN not internet.

would suggest logmein.com

remote desktop access i believe can only be done over a LAN or WAN not internet.

would suggest logmein.com
You can use realVNC to access a pc anywhere in the world, all you need is the ip address. And it's free to boot.

Like Vampist said, it gives you control of the pc just as if you were sitting right in front of it, I use it as well to access my server, it's a very handy program to use on something like a server that you just have a computer hooked up with no monitor. You can set the vnc server to start when the pc starts so it'll be on all the time, then on the vnc viewer, all you have to do is select the ip address from a dropdown list (you have ti type them in first) and click "ok" and you're there.

You can use realVNC to access a pc anywhere in the world, all you need is the ip address. And it's free to boot.

Like Vampist said, it gives you control of the pc just as if you were sitting right in front of it, I use it as well to access my server, it's a very handy program to use on something like a server that you just have a computer hooked up with no monitor. You can set the vnc server to start when the pc starts so it'll be on all the time, then on the vnc viewer, all you have to do is select the ip address from a dropdown list (you have ti type them in first) and click "ok" and you're there.

remote desktop access is only local not over the internet as remote desktop access is the built in windows application.

remote desktop access is only local not over the internet as remote desktop access is the built in windows application.
I'm not talking about remote desktop access, I'm talking about vnc, I know you can do it outside a local network because I've done it before, accessed a pc from hundreds of miles away using vnc

Back
Top Bottom