Good gaming machine?

although those are good Ideas, you could do what i did.
Built a computer for about $400, then slowly upgrade parts when i think its starting to get slow. It might cost more money in the end, but it seem like you would appreciate your computer more when you see a performance jump, at least for me it did.
I guess it all depends on your patience.

Most people buy stuff on an impulse. It had my processor for a week before I went and bought my motherboard. I bought RAM with it because the guy gave me a good deal. Then I wanted another week and a half and ordered a case. I read thousands of reviews on the parts I wanted to buy. It's going to be a slow process. But, it pays off in the end.

at first, i just bought what i liked and heard is good.
I pretty much picked all my first parts by myself, not knowing if it was compatible or not. But they all end up working, except my first 1GB of DDR ram, it was too cheap to run in my computer.
Then after, i started switching the case, then got a graphics card, then a few months later, a DVD drive, a couple months later, got a new mobo and cpu, a couple more months later, got some more ram, a few months later, got a new case, and etc.... spent almost $1500 since i started upgrading i think... and yet in the end, my computer only cost me $600 to build.

Well, I'm gonna get a PC in December, so I don't have time to save up! :(

Still, wouldn't it be more expensive to build your own PC, cause most other already-built PCs are cheap cause the manufacturer buys it in bulk. So, I'm not sure... :confused:

You guys could try searching around for some good-quality items equaling around $400 in the end, but it would probably be cheaper just buying a starter PC.

Whatever you want to do, that's fine with me! :D

actually, its cheaper.
You get better quality stuff. Like if you go with prebuilt, your ram will most likely have CAS5 and at the speed of 667mhz, while if you built it yourself, you would have a ram with CAS4 and the speed of 800mhz for the same price if not cheaper.
One main reason why sometimes building your own cost more is because of the case. I think the case that prebuilt computer uses cost about $20, while for most people, the case they want usually cost $50+, and maybe the OS too, oh yeah, and they come with cheap ass PSU.
for a gaming computer, its best to build your own.

Building it yourself will save you so much more money and your machine will be way more powerful/expandable

It's a little work but it becomes so fun! and the feeling you built your machine is priceless

I'd DEFINITELY NEED some help though! :D

OK, let's start with the motherboard.

Got any suggestions?

Could someone write down a list of all things needed in a PC?

I got a few that I remember:

Motherboard
Processor
Power Supply
RAM
Graphics Card
Sound Card
Hard Drive
Operating System

I'll update this when I find more.

Back
Top Bottom