Computer Slow after Fresh Install

ES_Ranger

Solid State Member
Hi All,

I built my computer about 6 months ago and recently i encountered a driver issue with the nVidia 780i RAID software and my SATA dvd burner. I completely messed up trying to fix it and crashed my computer. I was able to recover my files but i had to reinstall XP. I used a SP3 slipstreamed XP disc, the same disc i had used the first time, but from the first time i had logged onto my user, the computer was a lot slower than it had been prior to the install :( . Does anyone have any ideas how this could be or any fixes for it?

Computer Specs:

EVGA 780i MoBo
Intel Q6700
Nvidia 8600 GTS
150 GB Boot Drive
2 500 GB Striped Altern. Drive

Did you completely format before reinstalling XP? If not, you may have left some crumbs from your previous install. Also, if you did not format, did you overwrite the installation in the same directory as the previous installation? Let us know what you find.

Thanks for the quick reply,

I had done a quick format on the boot drive before reinstalling, i was only able to recover information off the striped drives. Do you think not doing the full reformat was the problem? i had done it the first time i installed XP

No, quick format was fine. That's all I ever do. Make sure all of your drivers are installed. Get the latest from the manufacturer of the parts. I'm willing to bet it's just your video driver though.

I have the exact same drivers on everything except the 780i RAID Drivers, i installed the 790i drivers for that to fix the initial issue but the computer was slower even before i had installed those

Back
Top Bottom