Random: Found a $700 liquid cooled PSU on ebay..

Yea, no kidding... Not only is it "water cooled" but I read further and this thing is actually submerged. I want BAAAD. :D

ebay post said:
Wattage - 1300 or 1700W Continuous!

Due to U.S. regulation, power draw over a typical household 110-volt AC line limits the PSU-1300ATX-12N to 1300W. However, the unit is fully capable of a continuous 1700 watts when powered from a 220V AC circuit. Users are responsible for supplying adequate AC power for the PSU-1300ATX-12N.

Heat Transfer Method

Featuring a compact liquid-to-liquid heat exchanger developed exclusively by Koolance, the PSU-1300ATX-12N provides the most efficient heat transfer available among any ATX power supply. Heat from each component is dumped directly into an internally circulating non-conductive liquid, through the heat exchanger, and out to an existing water cooling system. Thus, liquids are kept completely separate and normal cooling fluid can be used with the PSU-1300ATX-12N.

Just a small question,Would any system out there need that much power??

P.s That this is SICK!

Lol not that I can think of... Maybe like dual quad cores, and octo crossfire (4 4870X2's) if that's possible. other than that, no i don't think anything could really use it. :p

You wouldn't much of a change unless you added components that actually use the power it can give.

looks crazy sick...but would you ever need that type of power...doubtfully. unless you wanted to take over the world hehe :p :D

Ya, you make a good point. Not to mention, computers are getting more and more efficient.

Back
Top Bottom