Call of Duty 4

toole13

In Runtime
If you guys could check out my computer specs in my signature and tell me how Call of Duty 4 would run on my computer before I buy the game, that would be great. Is it a safe buy or should I reconsider? (The desktop computer)

You are going to have a lot of performance problems with that build. It may run on Low settings, but I think that it's going to be problematic.

actually, system requirements is pretty bogus.
I pretty much pass all the games so far, the only game i couldnt is Crysis because it says i need 640MB of VRAM.
And yet, i cant really run all the games that smooth, like Far Cry 2.
I wouldnt trust it, though it kind of gives you a guideline on how you would do. I think my friends passed required specs, and yet he had to play on medium settings, and still lags a little sometimes.

Theres more to do than what the game shows what the required specs are, like whats your monitor res, the clocks of your processor, etc. Heck, you will even pass a lot of tests with a Pentium D. Some games considered the Pentium D as the same line as the Core 2s. But the differences are dramatic.

I can run Far Cry 2 fine on very high settings. It's never really misdiagnosed my case. Who knows? I just maybe lucky.

the only reason why i cant run Far Cry 2 on Max settings is because of my monitor res, which is 1680 x 1050, i only get about 10-20FPS.
While somebody with 1280 x 1024, can get 30-40FPS, which are playable FPS.
Im assuming that the game manufacturers thinks you are going to play in 1024 x 768 res, which was the average CRT res back then. So the closer to are to that res, the more FPS you will get.
Then for some game, all it said was that you need a Dual Core, and a guy with like 1.8Ghz will assume hes going to get the same FPS as a guy with 3.0Ghz.
get what i mean?

Back
Top Bottom