For our school, this is great. Kudos to people who put thins on shared drives

oh yeah, my friend and I would switch the computers around. In our lab the pc's are kinda back to back (2 on each side, a total of 4 on each table) and we would switch the computer's around, so if you turn on yours (that's in front of you) your really turning on the pc across from you, it's Epic, also we like to rotate the screen by like 90 degress, its soo funny, people get really mad....

We get up too 100mb on our drives. But we mainly use USB's...

Our old computers were some slow crappy P4's, now we got some C2D 3ghz, but there still slow because we love to destroy them, but now there taking it seriously by wiping people of the server if they do anything to put the computers at risk, and you will have to pay for the damage.

Also, since I'm in an advanced learning class, we get Apple Macs, they are slow too...but it's funny, we all draw on the Screen and copy all the files on the computer like 10 times on the desktop and infect it with viruses..

I changed my background to a retarded spongebob drawing and it scares people lol

And we turn on the "Speaker" mode and put it on full blast and we create a folder named with all sorts of profanity, then we click on it and the computer starts saying all the words, it's so funny.

Another thing we do is we copy those sounds from games like "Headshot", "Holy Shit", "M-m-m-monster Kill", "Godlike" and "Humiliation" and play them on full blast, really pisses the teachers off lolz

In other words, you love to make people's life harder? Way to go buddy. Great use of school resources.

I'm glad my tax dollars aren't going to people like you.

Ain't that kind of authority nice??? :D

Yes it was. Plus, the teacher would let me leave at any time. If I went to get food off school campus, She would have us buy her food. If she got questioned as to where we were, she would say in a room fixing a computer.

What was he doing to "hack" your network.

In our school, filters were ran on the network level. So admin, user, principal, IT guy, everyone went thru the filter, period.

We also had filters, Even if students brought there own laptop, still went thru the filter.

Well, First, Files kept getting deleted. Out website kept getting screwed up. Example, he turned It upside down. What was on top, was now on bottom. He also used the cmd box and sent a network message (thats not hacking, i know) Then he shut down all of our AVnitvirus and firewall then infected everything with a virus.

So maybe "hacking" was the wrong word to use. Nevertheless, He was banned permantely. Made his HS years hell.

Well, First, Files kept getting deleted. Out website kept getting screwed up. Example, he turned It upside down. What was on top, was now on bottom. He also used the cmd box and sent a network message (thats not hacking, i know) Then he shut down all of our AVnitvirus and firewall then infected everything with a virus.

So maybe "hacking" was the wrong word to use. Nevertheless, He was banned permantely. Made his HS years hell.

Sounds like the IT team had no idea what they were doing lol.

It's not hard to secure a website, in order to do what he did the IT team must have been really dumb. I mean comeon lol. Network messenger? This was in 2000 right? It's disabled by default in XP for damned good reasons. Shutting down all anti-virus software is something that should be next to impossible for someone to accomplish, were you giving students admin accounts or something? A user shouldnt be able to terminate software like that.

yeah kids would put everything on our school servers gta VC halo music movies hacks everything! even a video a girl made for her bf which ended up being the end of her lol

Sounds like the IT team had no idea what they were doing lol.

It's not hard to secure a website, in order to do what he did the IT team must have been really dumb. I mean comeon lol. Network messenger? This was in 2000 right? It's disabled by default in XP for damned good reasons. Shutting down all anti-virus software is something that should be next to impossible for someone to accomplish, were you giving students admin accounts or something? A user shouldnt be able to terminate software like that.

There were very people with admin accounts. Me, Network Amin(also my teacher) And one other student. The rest of the IT team had to have one us us there to access anything.

Only way I think he could of done it, was to use the default accout. Which was easy, it wasnt password protected. And the filter didnt aply to this account. Or he knew the password to one of the admin accounts. I never really got into the details, We knew it was him. He had a choice - 1. Admit to it, And just be banned form network for rest of his HS years. Or 2. He gets banned, and kicked out of school, with a fine to pay. He admitted to doing it.

Our schools are too cheap to afford rigs...

We were just starting to phase these out when I left the school district in 2006. HP Vectra VL5, P1 166 MHz, Maxxed out at 96 MB RAM, 1.6 GB Hard drive, and we tried to run them with Win2000. Just couldn't pull it off. :rolleyes:

13.1.GIF

The HP Vectra line was pretty reliable back then. Fine computers.

They were a sturdy computer. I liked them and if they were still made, would consider them over a Dell OptiPlex. Just a computer that was 8 years old had trouble keeping up with the newer versions of the software we employed at the school district. Had to have two versions of everything, from NetWare client to GroupWise to Spy Sweeper Enterprise client. We were trying to get our district up to 100% Windows XP at the time. We had so many different makes of computers, from HP Vectras to Dell Dimensions to MPC ClientPros. Finally when I left the procurement department was getting ready to change over to the Dell OptiPlex GX520 SDT for all the new computer installs.

Back
Top Bottom