Passed my road test

Money isn't really an issue...but I think it does help that it's a 4 door sedan and not a 2 door coupe. Also, insurance companies may classify it as just a Neon...not sure about that though.

From online quotes, seems like I'm looking at about $250/month for insurance.
$250 a month seems a little high, when I first started driving I was paying around $120 a month, of course this was about...oh....12 years ago....but I was also driving a normal everyday sedan that my dad gave me.....nothing special.

Edit: Correction....that was not for the s$%^ brown old cavalier I first drove, it was for my Grand Am, the 2nd car I had. The first one was on my parents insurance since it was actually still their car.

Thats about right. Both my honda civic and my Ford Ranger costs me 220$ a month for insurance...

Girls always get it way cheaper

Yeah it's terrible. You can be like me and have great grades, drivers ed course, never been in an accident or got a ticket (only even pulled over once) and they will still get you bad until you get a good way into your 20's. DON'T screw up while you're young, they take prime advantage of it.

my car insurance costs me £1300 a year/$2600, which i find quite pricy considering ive been driving nearly 3 years now..

the UK road test is alot harder than the one you have to do over there, from what ive heard, our theory is easy though.. just the practical which is harder to pass.

congrats on passing.. though i really wouldnt reccomend a nice car like that for a first.. always best to get a POS for a first car, then build up..

^I dunno, everyone says that but I've been extremely happy with mine the past 4 years as I didn't plan on crashing lol...(knock on wood) as long as you're really careful you'll be ok, and a ride you love makes a good incentive. Don't ever let your guard down and always expect the unexpected. Situational awareness is key.

The driving test for me in Washington wasn't hard at all. I basically drove in a rectange, backed around a corner, parallel parked, and that was it.

There's not even a parallel parking test here any more, just a three point turn.

Well I'm pretty much the highest risk driver there is...16 year old guy who's been driving only a few months, no driver's ed, fast car...haha.

Thanks guys, yes, I agree it might be fast for a first car, but I'm a pretty responsible driver, and I'll (mostly :p) only race the car at the track.

Congrats!

For me, I actually had to take it twice... The first time, the lady was a total bitch. Docked me points for things that didnt make sense.

When I walked out of the building, I walk to my car. I walk straight down the first aisle of cars, and mine was in one over, so I cut accross. Apparently that's against the rules of the road in IL... Then as we drive on the little outer parking lot road thing, there is a semi parked on the outside. So I put my blinker on, and go around it, even though I am still just in a parking lot... As I am half way around it, "Get BACK IN YOUR LANE!!" Even though a semi is blocking half the lane, and there isnt a car within site... So I just say, "Ok." And continue going around the semi instead of crashing into it like she wanted.
Then I pull onto the first back street, and this guy is driving on my side of the road in the opposite direction... So I slow down, as he is far away still, then she says, "Dont slow down, he is breaking the ruls, not you." Well WTF, I can still crash into him... He goes back into his lane and all is good.
The part I failed on was the pull into a driveway and turn around thing. Cause she made me do it on a street, illegally most likely... She says, turn left and stop, so I turn left and stop on the side of the road. She gets angry saying that she didnt say to park. Now she says, backup to the right. And I asked her to be more clear, but she wouldnt, so I just started backing up into the middle of the road(no cars around). Finally afterwards she explained she wanted me to back up and do a turnabout... She was just a bitch.
The second time I took it, the lady agreed with me that the other lady was a bitch, although she didnt use the same wording, lol.

Back
Top Bottom