Future games

I have my on opinion on this, but when do you think games will be using this technology (virtual reality). The person you see in that video is my dad. He runs the whole VR center here by himself and built the first or second VR center in South and Latin America. If you guys want full specs on what he's running to produce such things I can get you some general info. I don't know how classified everything is so I can't promise you anything. I know that he's runs a cluster with the latest nVidia graphic design cards (the nVidia Quadro lines). I believe he's running 2 of these at the moment: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133213

If not those then these:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133189

I'm 70% sure it's the first one I showed you. Regardless, he's got some 3DMark06 benchmarks that I still need to get. Anyone want to take a stab at it? I think his clusters are running quad-cores, again not sure. Next time I go there I'll also get some pics =p. It will be either tomorrow or thursday.

I think soon we WILL have that technology, the only thing is when your running or something that you don't smash into a wall rofl

I can imagine, CS in Virtual Reality or Doom or something lol

might be hard to place certain games on it.
might take awhile getting used to, and it seems like you will need a lot of room and dont trip on any of the wires.
It would be cool to play games like this in FPS, or racing.
But for FPS, how would you run/walk in the game?

It's really time consuming for him to get things done because he's by himself. To get things in VR he's gotta go through the 3D models and re-write convert them to VR. It's pretty B.A!

@neodude: I don't get to test this stuff out because it's expensive. The glasses were 120k if I'm not mistaken. His lab is $1.5 million. On the sides, I'm not sure if you see them, but there are lamps. About 7-8 of them each worth 75k. It's some ridiculous stuff. I have some of his presentations and I can see if he will allow me to post them if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom