Car Thread!

Probably all four.

My friend just spent $800 on Pirelli's along with new end links and a front sway bar for his STi. The car is ridiculously stiff, when you push the side of the car the wheels move with the car.

Yeah, I know some people who have sway bars that are so stiff when they Auto-X the wheels just lift up off the ground. Good thing they have an LSD. :p

Lulz...Pirelli's. They're great tires, but way overpriced in my opinion. I think when I get some new wheels I'm gonna wrap them in Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs. They're pretty cheap and I've heard they're just as good as the Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R's in both dry and wet.

Here's a couple of oldies but goodies.

1020200845451pmjs1.jpg

1970 R/T SE Dodge Challenger. It was equipped with a 383 Magnum, 727 TorqueFlite transmission, Heavy Duty suspension (Hemi), full leather interior, special gage package and overhead console.

The "Vega"
10222008100202amgu1.jpg

My ol' 1972 V8 Vega. As it sits in the pic, it had a 327 small block backed up by a reverse shift 2spd Powerglide tranny. It was equipped with a Hooker headers and Cherry Bomb header mufflers. It was later upgraded to a 388 stroker, 2 chamber Flowmaster mufflers, turbo 400 tranny and a 10 bolt Monza rear end. It was capable of high 10's, low 11's in the 1/4 and ran well over 155mph out on the highway. :D

Loving that Challenger. The 1970 Challenger is still my dad's all-time favorite car.

Are both of those yours?

The Challenger belonged to my parents. I drove it for my driving test. :D

The Vega was the first car I ever bought. I didn't look like much, but it went like a bat out of hell!

Unfortunately, both cars died ugly deaths. The Challenger was hit nearly head on, spun off the road and down an embankment, coming to rest on it's roof. The Vega was killed by an old lady who lost control of her car on the highway. She ended up center punching me on the drivers side, sending me into the guard rail.

Back
Top Bottom