monitor question

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
this is about a friends monitor.
So he has an Samsund Syncmaster, i forgot which one, its a 17" i think that has a res of 1280 x 1024. This monitor only has an VGA port.
We both have an 8800GT, and i use DVI, and he uses VGA. I know DVI displays better.
When we play games, his looks bad, and we both have it on max settings with the same OS and everything.
Now is that because its the VGA? or the monitor?
or can it even be just the cord?
his screen looks kind of blurry sometimes, and the auto adjust doesnt really help. At my school, they use VGA and a graphics card too (forgot which one) but when on the desktop, it looks better than my friends. My school runs on the same res as my friend, and they also have an Samsung Syncmaster (forgot the model too).
Thanks

I use both VGA and DVI for dual screens. You can really tell the difference in quality just by looking at the desktop... and when you use the converter it looks way worse!

I tested and DVI is like high def. compared to VGA

this is about a friends monitor.
So he has an Samsund Syncmaster, i forgot which one, its a 17" i think that has a res of 1280 x 1024. This monitor only has an VGA port.
We both have an 8800GT, and i use DVI, and he uses VGA. I know DVI displays better.
When we play games, his looks bad, and we both have it on max settings with the same OS and everything.
Now is that because its the VGA? or the monitor?
or can it even be just the cord?
his screen looks kind of blurry sometimes, and the auto adjust doesnt really help. At my school, they use VGA and a graphics card too (forgot which one) but when on the desktop, it looks better than my friends. My school runs on the same res as my friend, and they also have an Samsung Syncmaster (forgot the model too).
Thanks
Yeah, it's because his monitor is VGA. The dvi to vga adapter will degrade the image a little as well.

But my school uses VGA, and uses the DVI converter for the video card, and yet it displays the desktop better than my friends, displays as good as mine even.
BTW the monitor at my school is the SyncMaster 740n. I will try to find out my friends later.

Back
Top Bottom