Computer stuck in 4-bit color after format and reinstallation of windows

Well most modern computers are easier to open than a suitcase--take dells for example; they're an information medium they...

Well my parents, my grandfather, and a lot of my customers just shriek at the idea of "opening their computer." No matter how easy it is to open, a lot of people may get it open and it will all look Greek to them. I could open a computer and ask my mom, dad, grandfather, etc. to name a component... and they couldn't. So how the heck is somebody (no offence to the OP) who may not be as computer literate as others be able to get a model # off of a video card? Hell, sometimes even I have trouble identifying the model of a NIC from time to time. Why don't you ease up?

That's why you don't scare people into opening their case. You just take it niec and easy.

I would say: "After opening your computer case, follow the big cord from the monitor that plugs into the back of the computer and write down everything in that vicinity that has a number or word."

Wow. I guess that is pretty complicated.

well he opened it up hes not that bad..all he could tell me was something said foxconn..which i believe is some sort of ati motherboard..could it be integrated video card? or is he looking at the wrong thing..i told his the card the monitor is plugged into

well he opened it up hes not that bad..all he could tell me was something said foxconn..which i believe is some sort of ati motherboard..could it be integrated video card? or is he looking at the wrong thing..i told his the card the monitor is plugged into

Great, now all you need to do is determine if he has and AMD or Intel processor, or just download both sets of drivers here:

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/support/downloads.aspx

There are only two full-blown sets of drivers for this video card (which is on-board), so I think the problem from here is as good as solved. Let us know how you faired out.

thanks i appreciate it...ill let him know tonight and post what happens.

ill leave you guys with this for now thought it was pretty funny and true

http://www.brightlywound.com/comic/111.jpg :eek:

oh and for some reason it was listing his vid card as VGA SAVE...dunno if that makes any difference i think thats just what it says when your real one isnt recognized

thanks i appreciate it...ill let him know tonight and post what happens.

ill leave you guys with this for now thought it was pretty funny and true

http://www.brightlywound.com/comic/111.jpg :eek:

Nice comic. Kinda a daily occurrance for me. LOL :D

oh and for some reason it was listing his vid card as VGA SAVE...dunno if that makes any difference i think thats just what it says when your real one isnt recognized

That's what it says without an actual driver from the manufacturer because it is using a Windows generic driver to give you the picture you see. But have him try that and get back with us and we will see what else we can do. :)

Back
Top Bottom