Antimalware2009 Help Needed

JRM4833

Solid State Member
Ok, so I'm trying to deal with Antimalware2009 on my computer. It seems to have replaced my background with what looks like a pop up window with "danger" written all over it. It is almost definitely just part of the background though, as I can see specks of white at the rounded edges of the "pop up" rather than the blue background it's also put up. The "pop up" warns me of virtumonde and privacyremover.m64 files and says danger a number of times. There's also a real pop up which does just what is desribed on sites like this. It tells me to agree to some contract and download their product. So my problem is that it crashes my computer after about thirty seconds and doesn't allow me to do anything to get rid of the problem before my computer restarts. I've tried going into safe mode and running Adaware, S&D, and Norton, but haven't been able to solve the problem. I also can't download any software to help me with the problem because when I'm in safe mode I can't access the internet. Can someone help me with this problem?

OK, norton is no good against this one. to effectively remove it (if you have any hopes) is to get hijack this, and the trial of NOD32. run both in safe mode (with networking so you can download them and update NOD32). Once both are scanned in safe mode, boot up into regular mode and run them again. If it still doesn't stay on long enough or the scans do finish but you still have problems, cut your losses and reformat (after backing up any needed data).

Thanks a lot!! I'm going to try these today when I get home. Does anyone know how I can start my computer in safe mode but still have internet access? I guess that's part of the biggest problem I'm having. I can't seem to try any of the recommended suggestions in safe mode because it doesn't give me internet access. There is an option for safe mode with networking. Would that cut it?

Try starting in "Safe Mode with Networking".

If you have a look at my last post in that thread, it shows you what files you need to delete. It can be done manually in safe mode. It's time consuming, but it will rid you of the malware.

Thanks again Atomic. I did print up your list so I can work on it when I get home tonight. If I can do it in safe mode then that will be great. I was unsure because I attempted to delete a program through the control panel (as opposed to just a file) and it said I didn't have that access in safe mode. I'd rather put in the time than pay to have someone else do it, so I really apreciate your advice. I'll try to post tomorrow to say how it went. :)

Ok, so I was able to start in safe mode with networking. I attempted to look for those files but had a very difficult time. Since I had networking I did a bit more online research and found this site. It had step by step instructions, which basically boiled down to downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (it's free). I ran that program and it's gone. :D I still have some issues that I'm trying to deal with (e.g., S&D keeps asking me about registry changes, which I'm clueless about and keep denying, and I'm having difficulty changing my background again). Thanks to everyone here. You guys are a great.

To the admins here, I apologize if any of the links I posted are not allowed. I figured I'd post the links in case someone else has the same problem.

Forums can do wonders, yeah I have nothing much to say because this entire conversation helped me to fix my problem as well. Maybe I was going to ask the same thing as did JRM but it was the remedy that mattered eventually. Well those links helped me too, thanks dear. I feel so relieved getting my PC back to normalcy! :)

Back
Top Bottom