Possibly doing a case mod?

Fan filters aren't perfect. You still have to clean the filters out or replace them. If his whole side panel is mesh. He's going to have to clean it out quite often.

And you are 100% correct. +1

Now, as for the mesh area...sounds great...but i would make the whole panel a mesh. Maybe do diagonal pattern...with mesh and that plastic that is on most panels that are see there. You probably don't want it all to be mesh...cause first off it'll get dusty...and second...the reason a computer is enclosed...is to allow the case fans to do the work. You have you intakes....and your outtakes. If you make the whole side panel mesh, you'd might as well just take the whole panel off and save yourself the troubles. By leaving it opened...you've basically defeated the purpose of case fans.

Thats just my view on it...otherwise...if it was better cooling...don't you think everything would have already done something like this??...now don't get me wrong...perhaps you can add a couple more fans to that side panel...now that would have a great improvement for cooling. But i wouldn't leave it all mesh. But hey...thats just my look on it :)

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your final result :)

Fan filters aren't perfect. You still have to clean the filters out or replace them. If his whole side panel is mesh. He's going to have to clean it out quite often.

Of course, no filter lasts forever.

And as for the mesh meaning more dust, that depends on case pressure. If there is negative case pressure then it's gonna pull air in through the mesh, meaning more dust. If you had positive air pressure, it would be pushing air out through the mesh, but that means that the intake fans are drawing in more air from a different place. That would probably have the same effect with a mesh window or solid, unless the intake fans are filtered.

If you mesh the side panel then you can kiss off any air flow. The back fan is going to draw air from the back end of the mesh and not draw air across the case. In order to have good air flow you have to create a slight negative air pressure in the case. The back fan needs to move slightly more than the front fan. But in order to do that the case has to be pretty air tight.
An open mesh in the side as in your drawing, will in effect neutralize all of the air flow.

If you mesh the side panel then you can kiss off any air flow. The back fan is going to draw air from the back end of the mesh and not draw air across the case. In order to have good air flow you have to create a slight negative air pressure in the case. The back fan needs to move slightly more than the front fan. But in order to do that the case has to be pretty air tight.
An open mesh in the side as in your drawing, will in effect neutralize all of the air flow.

Check and mate!

Well,I Guess i wont be using mesh :p

I Want to be able to look in side my case,and kind show it off :D

I Have THIS Case,AS you can see it already has front and rear air intake and i can control fan speeds of the front and rear fans.Im now thinking:

-Use Plexiglass instead of mesh,and then change my rear 120mm case fan to a Glowing Blue 120mm Case fan.

Also i have many other old computer cases i can test out my cuttin' skills on :D

It says it has a 90MM fan at the back, do you have a different version of the case?

Yep,It Definately,100%,120mm.

SDC10558.jpg

Pardon the lack of cable management :D

Back
Top Bottom