Erm... So I turned blue today...

Computer Head

Fully Optimized
This was actually yesterday but I was tied up....

I was working out yesterday at the rec center, just a light workout of 10 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the recumbent bike, and 2 sets of 8 on one of the upper body machines at a light resistance. Then I had to go to a school meeting, and I decided to go from there in my workout clothes. My workout clothes have no sleeves.

So I was sitting at my meeting and I looked at my arms, and they were turning blue. I'm thinking this is nice, so I lick my thumb and try to smudge it off and it doesn't go away. So after the meeting I go home and ask my mom (who is pretty good at medical stuff) and she said it looks like something vascular or heart related, so we went to the hospital.

Every doctor that looked at it had said that it looked like the weirdest thing. Nobody could figure it out. (I felt like I was at Dr. House's hospital) They were getting ready to run tests on me and then the cardiologist came in and took an alcohol wipe and tried wiping it off, and low and behold, it was coming off. So it ended up being dye. But I hadn't made any contact with anything blue. The recumbent bike is black, and even that, my arms didn't touch the bike at the same spots I turned blue.

So after paying a $200 co-pay to get three alcohol wipes, we went home. We spent the entire night trying to figure it out. We finally came to a conclusion that I have a sensitivity to blue dye in the drinks that I was drinking, and it came through the skin when I sweated.

So it was a weird day yesterday.

That's really weird, I probably would have done the same thing. I guess the easiest way to test your theory is to drink a bunch of blue drinks and go work out for awhile.

Believe it or not, we have pinpointed it to a drink that is actually red, but has a lot of blue coloring. But I also think that it was also a big bottle of Blue Gatorade. The funny thing was that it wouldn't come off with soap and water, but took rubbing alcohol. Also believe it or not, it got darker when I stood up and lightened up when I was lying in the hospital bed. That's why we thought it was vascular. :confused:

Nah, I figured all the McDonalds I had eaten was catching up to me. I felt fine otherwise, so I really didn't know what was going on. We were thinking maybe one of my arteries was clogging up.

I turn Blue/Purple when i am cold, I turn Yellow when Im hot, and I turn white when im normal.
Im Chinese by the way.
You can always tell if im cold, or hot, or normal.

Wow, I've never heard or seen that happening to anyone before. I'm gonna try that with gatorade and sweat my heart out to see if I turn blue/red or whatever...
if it doesn't work I get a good workout then :D

I turn Blue/Purple when i am cold, I turn Yellow when Im hot, and I turn white when im normal.
Im Chinese by the way.
You can always tell if im cold, or hot, or normal.

Are we talking like pastel colours here?! like BLUE PURPLE and YELLOW

:eek: :p

Back
Top Bottom