Display Blank And Other Issues

wilsonator

Baseband Member
When I loaded my computer earlier today, the screen kept on going black for a split second, and then back on.

Eventually, it went blank and stayed like that, even on reboot.

I have since removed my video card (AGP Nvidia GeForce 6200A) and am now using my built in graphics.

Since restarting I have also experienced my mouse moving around the screen uncontrollably and appearing to click things. This was only stopped when I shut it down. Upon restart, it only appeared to have created a shortcut, but I also noticed it opening folders etc.

This also happened about a week ago.

Could anybody explain these things, tell me how I could solve them, and also tell me if they are linked.

Thanks Wilsonator

I'd say that you have a virus, but that does not explain the graphics card issues.
Maybe someone is remotley controlling your computer.

"goeatspam" said: "I'd say that you have a virus, but that does not explain the graphics card issues"

It could be that you have a virus and had a bad video card. Are you wounder is it possible for a virus to make your screen go black? the answer is yes it is.

1. I think a Windows have build in APIs function for the monitor blinking thing, I mean when someone changes their screen resolution what happens, it usually blinks right.

2. The virus can be interfering with the video cards Device driver. I really do Not think this is the issue. I think it's a virus plus your video card was going bad.

3. Some Remote access programs have the ability to blank out the end users monitor. So if someone is controlling your computer from some where else, That could be the case.

Back
Top Bottom