CRT Annoying Color Shifting

jcc0

Beta member
Hi,

I have an old CRT, Envision, that has recently begun to go through periods of slowly changing hue between red and green on its own.

Most of the material I found online suggest degaussing the monitor, which I think I accomplished by holding a few buttons down; the screen went rainbow and then back to normal? This didn't solve the problem.

I also tightened up the connections between the monitor and the graphics card, and the graphics card and the motherboard, neither of which helped.

I'm fairly sure now that some of my hardware is in need of being replaced, but I can't tell whether it's the monitor or graphics card that's causing the problem. Unfortunately, I don't have a spare of either to test with.

This is a long shot, but would anybody be able to tell me from this information whether it is the monitor or the graphics card that is failing? If you need anything further, just let me know.

Thanks for helping.

I'm sure it's most likely the monitor, they don't last forever. When GPU's go bad they don't display anything or artifact, but I guess it's possible. Do you have any friends? Ask if you can borrow one of their monitors for a little while.

I think its the monitor. Like Cabbs said when GPU's go bad they usualy dont display anything

It sounds like the tube is going out. if that's the case it's cheaper to buy a new monitor than to get a tube and have it installed.

Back
Top Bottom