XP Home SP2 Full Version on My SR5518F

thewildpig

Baseband Member
Okay, as I mentioned earlier, I successfully loaded XP onto my SR5518F that came pre-loaded with Vista originally. The only problem I'm having now is that when XP wants to be activated, it comes back and says something to the effect of the number of activations has been exceeded, and it won't let me activate it. This was a copy of XP my father let me borrow (XP Home upgrade), and he must have it loaded on another computer, because from my experience with this version of XP, it can be activated on one computer over and over again.

So, I was online at one of the major computer store websites here in Canada, and I saw XP SP2 Home full version. Something printed on the box, though, makes me wonder if it will work on a computer pre-loaded with Vista. It says "For PCs with Windows 95 or earlier, or PCs without Windows." Of course, my PC doesn't fit that description. I have Vista. Basically, all I want to do is do a clean XP install with this full version. Will this do it for me, and if so, how does setup and installation differ from XP Home upgrade? Thanks, folks. :)

well, if youve managed to successfully install it then its a key issue, not a cd one. the XP upgrade is different because it usually requires an os to be on the hard drive already, but it still offers exactly the same as what a full xp home os would.
basically that disc/installation is fine, and is just a key issue.

Thanks. I've changed my mind slightly, and am now looking at buying the XP Home upgrade version. I'll save quite a bit of money going that route.

Back
Top Bottom