Communicate with other computer

is messenger enabled on both pc's?
they also have to be in the same workgroup, or if they arnt theres a command to fix that. something like net send username:workgroup MESSAGE

@nitay. the only way to send messages via windows (using the built in software) is the way i said above.
what you have at your work is to do with permissions, its nothing to do with sending messages.

OP: A couple of my friends who a program with a user friendly interface to do this for you. We used it over our school's network. Unfortunately, it does a bit more than that. It pretty much gives you full access to the other PC. I can edit the program to only send messages if you want.

messenger can be installed under "add or remove programs"
then click "add/remove windows components"
it's at the bottom of the list.

OP: A couple of my friends who a program with a user friendly interface to do this for you. We used it over our school's network. Unfortunately, it does a bit more than that. It pretty much gives you full access to the other PC. I can edit the program to only send messages if you want.
hmm that sounds interesting. how does it work :p ?

there is this program called netsend its made by fomine its very user friendly with its GUI works great I use it all the time it's not microsoft but it works great i would highly recomend it

information and download is avalivle at http://www.fomine.com/netsend.html

Back
Top Bottom