Distributed computer, CF teams.

I've got the G92 8800GTS, I'm running both clients on cpu and gpu, I'm just wondering if there was anyway to speed up the cpu client. The GPU is really fast but the cpu is like 7/1250 units after a couple hours :(
The gpu client requires a core unto itself, so if you have a quad you can run the SMP but you really should set the affinity to three cores and leave the fourth (which is what the GPU client defaults to) free
If you have a core2duo then you could probably run a no nonsense console client on the free core but it is slow and doesn't return many ppd, personally I wouldn't bother with the console cpu client in the case of a core2duo set up.

Anyway how i can enable Extra SSE3 Boost?
Is your cpu SSE3 capable? If so the boost should enable automatically

Yeah it does support it but whenever i launch f@h it just says Extra SSE2 Boost. But whatev sse3 is probably not much better

mine just says SSE enabled, no number

New GPU client too, v6.20

NOTE: You must uninstall previous gpu clients before installing v6.20

uncle fungus said:
The 6.20 clients for both Windows CPU and GPU have now been released. You can get them from the relevant Stanford download page.

Important to note is that Vista/GPU does not support installing as a service due to Vista's driver model (the service will fail to start).

If you're updating an existing service (CPU in XP/Vista or GPU in XP) you need to remove the existing service first since the new service management code is incompatible.

what is cm folding? I like to get some more information about it. I'm waiting for your response as soon as possible. I'm really very interested to know about what is cm all about. It seems to be something new in my dictionary.

-------------
Rose Caprio

Blazeinfotech

All mind says is attempting to get work packet :/

02:38:02] + Attempting to get work packet
[02:38:02] - Connecting to assignment server
[02:38:02] - Successful: assigned to (171.64.122.42).
[02:38:02] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[02:38:02] Loaded queue successfully.
[02:38:03] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[02:38:03] (Got status 503)
[02:38:03] + Could not connect to Work Server
[02:38:03] - Attempt #1 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.
[02:38:12] Opening C:\Documents and Settings\denise\Application Data\Folding@home-x86\MyFolding.html...
[02:38:22] + Attempting to get work packet
[02:38:22] - Connecting to assignment server
[02:38:22] - Successful: assigned to (171.64.122.42).
[02:38:22] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[02:38:22] Loaded queue successfully.
[02:38:23] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[02:38:23] (Got status 503)
[02:38:23] + Could not connect to Work Server

Back
Top Bottom